55

12:10.

roma observed the wide, expansive runway before them, framed by the huge and clear windows. a glorious, sunny day. the sky was a beautiful turquoise; no clouds could be seen. ethereal.

a form of calm after the storm.

people and crowds on either side of her. passengers and faces and noise. and smiles. all blurred into one; into an indescribable periphery that was somehow removed, elevated, from her current state. like, she was aware, but also too focused on the view before her to notice anything. no distractions.

mind was elsewhere. the sky seemed the only plausible and tangible element that vision could present her with.

the airport seemed a fleeting and odd place. transportation and destination. something tangible; man-made and metal. you could reach your fingers out, through the glass, and imagine the touch of it beneath your fingers. it would take you somewhere that you wanted to be.

her fragility was consumed by this bizarre and overwhelming sensation that had stuck with her, all through the night, continuing on into the new day. waking beside him, rushing, grabbing things and packing bags, waving goodbye, again.

a new location. she was unaware.

no time for explanations.

interrupting pointless thoughts.

"hey, love, got you some coffee."

baekhyun nudged her arm slightly, drawing her attention away from nothing in particular.

eyes didn't see blue.

roma turned to her side, both of baekhyun's hands holding out two cups of coffee. he'd left her alone momentarily. she took the hot container gratefully, as baekhyun motioned for her to sit down in the chair next to him. for some reason, her movements were hesitant; unsure and holding back.

"thanks," she whispered, voice transported from her throat, her lungs, disappearing into unimportance. flittering into the stuffy air.

baekhyun took a long gulp of his own drink. he stared at her, watching her slowed and shy actions, taking a tentative sip with her trembling lips, cupping her hands around her coffee.

roma flinched unintentionally, as he reached forward and gently rested his heavy hand onto her knee, rubbing her thigh affectionately. trying to reassure her. maybe, trying to apologise. her eyes were trained on his movements; body and form stiff beneath his touch.

baekhyun moved his hand back.

downed his coffee.

"roma," he started. his voice was assertive, but quiet, and drowned out by the rush of noise and conversations encircling the two of them. "please. forgive me."

she squeezed her eyes shut. wanted to think, hard. wanted to rearrange all of her dashing and muddled thoughts into a comprehensible entity.

turned her head, slightly, to face him. to look straight into his captivating eyes. they were warm; the black circles in the centres were splashed with golden hues and yellow flakes, complimenting the array of caramel filling his pupils with comfort and safety. roma was mesmerised.

she wasn't angered, or upset, or at all in any position to be against baekhyun. mostly, she was just tired. the constant strain was getting to her, making it difficult to cope with the tumultuous nature of their current life.

"don't apologise," she smiled, tracing a line across the globe of his cheek, pushing his locks of brown hair behind his right ear. "there's nothing to be sorry for."