48

00:42.

really dark. way too dark. vision gone. and she was running, but she felt the hands all over her body. trying to stop her or hold her back or, she didn't know.

mouth felt taped shut. feelings taped closed.

tears stung her eyes. they were really painful. roma wanted warmth and comfort and couldn't see and didn't know what to do. always didn't know.

someone was telling her to keep quiet. don't say it. so dark, so there was no point anyway. her voice wouldn't make any difference.

she couldn't find him anywhere.

centre of the planets. of her universe.

in the trees. mia's gasping, shocked face appeared in between the forest of deep green, the night coveting the area with an eerie curtain of black. shouted her name. shouted his name. please, i love you. he just froze. eyes in the sky; dark and unmoving. she couldn't tell. say it back, she wanted to yell out, the hot tears pouring down her quivering cheeks and wavering lips.

the hands. everywhere. tangled in her hair; breath whistling down her neck, into her; gripping to her ankles to stop her from running.

please, say it back--

"roma, roma, are you okay? please, love, wake up."

urgency.

an easily recognisable tone; one that pulled her through the darkness.

loud gasps filled the quiet room. roma opened her eyes.

it was pitch-black, practically, but she gave herself a few seconds to adjust, and realised she was still in minseok's bedroom, where baekhyun had left her to sleep before she passed out. only recollection of anything being the stars dotting the periphery of her hazy vision, allowing the items of furniture to form a still image.

she was gripping tightly to baekhyun's forearms, as he hovered over her horizontal figure, his eyes deeply assessing her. hands pressed flatly to the bed either side of her. focused in on her. caring.

dark.

"baekhyun," she managed to let out in a broken whisper, clinging tighter, digging her nails into his warm flesh. bare arms.

sobbing her heart out. and she didn't know why.

"yeah, roma, i'm here," he promised, and she felt her lips quiver harshly and a sharp intake of breath escape between her teeth, as he kissed her forehead and cheeks, catching her dripping tears.

he was here.

she touched him, making sure; didn't know why she was.

it was so dark. she couldn't see a thing. but she wasn't surrounded by fear this time. the bedroom was warm and, despite the dimness, it felt safer.

"shh."

breathing heavily.

one, two, three.

"everything's fine. i've got you."

baekhyun was slowly bringing her up by her unstable arms, his own form shifting to sit beside her, pulling her gently so that her long veil of hair fell around her, a few strands stuck to her neck and face. her pathetic sobs began to slowly calm down, muffled by the thin material.

he sat her so that she was on his lap, her shaking legs dangling over the right side of his crossed knees, head now resting heavily onto his chest. fingers curled and clung to the material of his shirt, now tear-stained and sodden, as his hand rubbed circles across the flat of her back.