66

Seoul. 20:35.

december 17th 2011.

baekhyun admired her from across the table.

she was practically alight with beauty and elegance. her silver-diamond earrings shone and sparkled as the light from the dim restaurant caught them. dark hair was slicked back, behind her ears, glimmering in the orange and amber haze, flittering between the dark blackness of it and the shimmering fairy lights.

lips were scarlet-red and pursed, into a heart-shape, the bronze of her cheeks matching the theme of the dimmed and quiet surrounding area, as well as the glittering tints that adorned her large eyelids. the black dress she wore had been a present from him, and it looked fucking amazing on her, accentuating her slender features. exposed skin on her chest made it difficult for him to concentrate on much else.

a delicate sigh left her big lips, and she gently played with the hair on her left shoulder, flicking it backwards.

she looked up briefly from the menu, immediately noticing him staring. that familiar smile--not a flattered expression, but a pleased one--melted into the red colour of her plump mouth, and she bit her lip slightly, and rearranged her hair.

soojung smirked wider, a bit more, and brought the wine glass up to her lips. she sipped it gently, turning her attention away from him, but then bringing her hooded vision back to his level. her dark eyes could be read so well. baekhyun really felt he knew her, unlike he'd ever known anyone before.

he shifted beneath her veiled gaze, only just catching him, flitting between the frequencies.

the wine glass was placed down upon the white tablecloth, against the metallic silverware.

bottle was almost empty.

"let's get some more," she spoke, her voice lower, on purpose, as her foot rested heavily against the inside of his left leg. her heavily made-up eyes fluttered slightly, and she let out a very light laugh.

it was funny, he thought. as well as being a bit pathetic. he really wondered how the fuck he'd managed to get her. her. really. she was one of those girls at university. everybody wanted her. her eyes were on him, though, framed with thick, black eyelashes, her foot on his, her coy smile directed towards him.

that felt good in the moment.

tried to ignore the fleeting, but not unnoticeable, glance she threw towards a group of male students, smartly dressed and tall and gathering in a small group in the other direction.

despite pretending that he didn't, he always picked up on those very small things. small but with bigger and more meaning.

received total attention from her as he stretched his arm out casually towards her resting hand, tracing over her slim fingers and the silver rings that adorned them. her eyes were immediately drawn back to the table, looking down at their intertwined parts. his hand was soft and loving, tracing his finger across her soft skin.

her eyes sparkled. her foot moved further against him, harder into the inside of his leg.

they ate lightly, only ordering a small amount, but also ordering another bottle of wine. towards the end of it, baekhyun was feeling heady and much more relaxed. slightly dizzy but in a good way; in a way that made her skin feel even warmer against his own, and in a way that the lights gathered in circular motions around his periphery vision.

at that moment, he didn't think that he'd actually really had that much to drink.

he was in a good state; in which his mind had managed to make him forget how fucking difficult his studies were, and how much he didn't like having to go home to spend time with his family every weekend, and how much the bill was going to cost at the end of this meal.