20

//

he was running. just like before. slamming hard against the corners, arms ahead, reaching for something. for anything.

so dark.

a heavy presence followed him, weighed down his legs. his urgent movements.

darkness clawed at his thumping heart.

he couldn't see.

his head pounded.

all he could hear were the heavy breaths escaping his shaking mouth.

maybe it was a loud sound. from somewhere. far off in the distance. 

lights. lights. lights.

no light.

lights, lights, lights.

where was she?

he needed her.

baekhyun; he swore she was saying his name.

"baekhyun, tell me."

soft, velvet, inquiring voice was speaking, asking the same questions.

i can't tell you. you wouldn't understand, he wanted to say. repetition.

if only he could see.

wrong. something's wrong.

it was a never-ending maze of questions and intense stares and beautiful eyes and why, why, why and concrete dead-ends and darkness.

a light switch appeared, grew larger in size: beckoned him. the click sound of the switch resounded within his ear drum. echoing.

deafening.

black encased him like a dim shroud of weakness.

it didn't work.

alleyway corners of the town square dissolved before his dizzying vision. became black masses of nothing.

any source of light: unavailable.

fuck.

"baekhyun, tell me."

his mouth was silenced, lips sealed together like glue. he couldn't say.

she was smiling at him. pity, maybe. in her eyes. tell me. she was so beautiful.

roma.

can't explain.

darkness weighed him down.

she kissed him.

can't breathe. couldn't breathe.

i can't.

on.

off.