60

09:05. 

the radiant sun poured heavily through the large windows that were still thrown open, onto the bed, onto their entwined figures. no breeze; just the heat seeping in through the thick walls, the yellow warmth melting into the furniture and creating healthy, glowing sheens upon their bare skin. 

turquoise and cloudless sky. that familiar burnt orange hue fading into the skyline. heat caused blurred images of the sea of blue evanescing into the maroon swirls of dust and natural stone. 

so hot. 

beautiful backdrop to the previous night of intense stares and rough kisses and skin against skin and confessions of the heart. of unspoken words and of the lights and of the world crashing down. 

roma woke up first. 

limbs felt heavy and sore, and her mind was blurred momentarily, searching and clinging onto the memories of the heat of their exchange. her body was bare, the sheet dividing their opposing parts, slipping past skin, ruffling in the humidity. 

she remembered everything.

his body on top of hers, his actions meaningful and so good and the best she'd ever had. said those three words. her lips were dry; traced her fingers over them, as her heart pounded in her chest.

finally. 

roma sat herself upright. her body yearned for the soft feeling of the mattress, and she brought the sheets to wrap around her bare entirety, swinging her legs over. treaded softly and carefully around the bed and towards the huge windows. 

the view was incredible.

she rubbed her eyes. touched her lips, again. pushed hair back from her face. counted to three.

it really was amazing: bright yellow, exuberant rays shining over every object in their path. the houses dotting the valley, and the winding and intricate paths, and the momentous hills.

her mind wasn't clear. never was, but especially not this morning. or, it was an odd combination of the two.

she was so sure of some things. her love, and her deepest desires, and her attachments. but she still wasn't entirely sure where they were, and how she was going to get back, and when, and whether mia would ever speak to her again. 

sighed and pushed her long hair back. 

she turned. 

baekhyun was beginning to stir, also, the sheets crumpling beneath him, bringing his arms up to stretch behind his head. subdued, hushed sounds emanated from him, deep and inviting. skin; darker and tanned in contrast to the white sheets.

roma sighed; took in a deep, much-needed breath. 

clung to the material wrapped around her. 

he loves me, she thought. played over in her mind. 

seemed impossible. a concept that sounded almost unbelievable, as she thought about in her head. baekhyun loved her. feared for the changes that were perhaps about to come. 

tried to calm her beating heart: act natural. smile softly--and stepped across the flooring over towards him, bare feet and bare face, and the sheets gripped between her fingers. 

his eyelids opened slightly, the sun making the simple task somewhat more difficult. messy hair and dry lips. he was so gorgeous. roma tried to shake herself out of her enamoured state; it was too dangerous, too all-encompassing.

he didn't speak; he just gestured for her to come closer, both arms outstretched, looking into her with a deep expression of care and love, lips curving up into a soft and beautiful smile. roma couldn't breathe. almost tripped, as she made her way across the room.