64

15:35. 

awoke; drained yet oddly refreshed. and he'd forgotten all about that sensation. not being able to sleep because of the wires fizzling in his brain, and the cells running all night, and all early morning, and lying in bed trying to figure out who you are, after staying up all through the hours, each surrounding element bringing joy and ecstasy to your vision and being. 

he'd got up, and the day proceeded to be an agonisingly boring and troubled one. confusion everywhere. 

the house consumed him to the point where he couldn't breathe properly at times. 

so, the window ledge became a spot where baekhyun liked to situate himself. decided that the view from up here was like a magnifying glass. it enabled him to learn more, try new things, be himself. the thought sounded foreign as it rang through his head; seemed unsure and unstable as it became more natural to him. 

could sense it in his veins. 

tension appeared to narrow and deflect; like the light. 

eyes narrowed, as the sun continued to radiate: pulsate. brightening signals of reverberating amber. each stroke of heat penetrated through the sheltered space, through the glass material, burning a path of fire across the plain of his scorched skin. sat there all day. vibrations could be felt through the tension of yellow aura. 

baekhyun could feel the change; the difference in balance. it was almost tangible in the air. could reach out and touch it, maybe. 

during the day, he noticed, as well, how minseok's attention and focus could cause the fringes of the room to become tinged with a whisper of freezing air, the kind that contrasted immensely to the dense heat resting in between the switches. it was minimal, practically unnoticeable, but he could feel the juxtaposition in his skin. 

perhaps, the glass of water would freeze, and then junmyeon's eyes would freeze, too, swimming and brimming with a deep turquoise that penetrated through the fragile material. a liquid texture of bright, bright blue, contrasting to the black of his widened pupils. his whole stance would alter. and baekhyun would feel it, too, but manage to contain the beaming rays that begged to be disposed. 

kyungsoo, too. his darkened and hardened stare became a part of him that baekhyun had forgotten, but quickly became used to once again, after all of this time. his agitated nature made one wrong move more powerful than anyone else's; his whole body would budge slowly, each muscle pulsing and each joint turning, the stern expression on his face hardening even further. 

baekhyun would almost feel the earth rotating: spinning on its axes, at a faster and more frenzied pace. the blue and the green and the white combining their colours into the blackened circle within kyungsoo's stare. earth and water.

as one. 

the only confusion was her. naturally. 

dreams of her running, and laughing, and smiling, and kissing him tormented his mind. memories of her loving him. that sensation felt ruined, by him. 

he wondered desperately what she was doing at every moment. 

breaking him down. 

but, she still wouldn't answer his calls. 

jongdae knew the information. he couldn't understand why he wouldn't have told him that she was leaving lyon and going home. he'd called him, too.

and, perhaps, he could have predicted the arrival of jongdae by the sudden and incoming cloud cover. grey masses steadily and slowly covering over the sea of beautiful blue, fighting against the power of the sun, the two elements performing a routine against one another.