24

Paris. 15:17.

it was like nothing mattered.

roma kept on repeating that over and over and over to herself.

the wind whooshed through her long hair as her and baekhyun ran, hand in hand, down the cobbled pathways. it was summer, heat encompassing the beautiful city, but the rain hammered down like there was no tomorrow, wetting the dulled streets, leaving them shining amidst the temporarily grey atmosphere.

she could hear him laughing as she dragged him along behind her, her quick feet careful not to slip along the stones. his laugh was enough to make it feel like the sun was shining. baekhyun continued to jokingly protest, yelling for her to "stop" and "wait", his voice bright and full of adventure.

hand was warm against hers.

as they escaped down a secluded alleyway, roma's new-found confidence spun her around, so she was face to face with him. a large, foreign smile graced her delicate, slightly-wet features, eyelashes patterned with water droplets and her messy fringe sticking to her forehead. she kissed him, trembling lips against soft ones, lovingly wrapping her arms around his neck and lifting her foot up behind her.

her heart filled, a warmth spreading across her chest.

maybe she was crazy.

"slow down," baekhyun whispered into her ear, his arms enclosing around her back, a mischevious grin undoubtedly evident in his tone.

"i don't want to," she giggled. grabbed his hand again.

"roma!" baekhyun laughed, exclaiming loudly.

their running steps were loud and thudding across the pebbles.

torrential rain began to pick up, hammering down, reverberating off of the inner-city buildings. people holding umbrellas dotted the roads, the squares, no-one noticing them. even if they did, roma didn't care.

she ran like nothing mattered.

roma's clothes were soaked, see-through, glued to her skin. slightly uncomfortable. baekhyun was attempting to slow her actions, pulling back on her arm.

"roma, wait. come on."

she turned, met with baekhyun's angelic grin, as he reached his fingers up to brush away the hair stuck to her face.

"pause for a moment," he laughed breathily.

she reciprocated brightly, momentarily blushing, her adrenaline rush dying down. she felt happy, though; like, really happy. a feeling that she hadn't properly felt in ages.

they were breathing hard, staring at one another.

"let's go in here," baekhyun gestured, pointing towards the door of a small, coffee place.

they tumbled in breathlessly through the doorway, a tinkling bell sounding. wet shoes and dripping clothes puddled on the carpeted floor, as their laughter continued to ring out against the grey of the daylight. occupancy was thin, a couple of people seated, reading, enjoying the patterning of the raindrops on the window.

a warm setting surrounded the café, a familiar scent of dark coffee filling the room. roma couldn't be happier. she couldn't. droplets of water spiralled across the glass, concealing them from the outside world. roma felt the rain from her hair drip down her neck, her clothes, as she wiped her face with the back of her damp sleeve.

baekhyun was running his fingers through his own hair, pushing it back, his beautifully clear face wet from the rain, his contagious grin making her heart thump.