33

07:14.

a searing headache met baekhyun in the morning. not like it hadn't before.

the sun blared; unbearable, spilling through the tattered, venetian blinds.

he groaned; rolled over to one side, the sheets twisting alongside him, wrapped and tangled between his feverish limbs. clutched his forehead with his sweating palm. groaned, again.

once his eyes grew accustomed to the seeping in of the early morning sunrise, he sat up. at least, he tried to. his head made the room spin even more, distorting his vision.

baekhyun's mind flooded back to reality, and he remembered that he was in their house. in monaco.

and, god, did he not want to be here.

from upstairs, he could hear someone moving things in the kitchen, making a mess of the dirty dishes, probably. a loud cough issued from the hallway. he sat up properly.

the room was unfurnished and somewhat dirty; he guessed that the darkness of last night had obscured that aspect of the home to him, as well as his drunken state of mind. he hadn't been here in a long time. baekhyun knew that none of them had been here recently. the bed he had slept on was half-made with a thin sheet, and the attic room had a slight musty smell to it.

he missed having someone to wake up to.

roma.

baekhyun sighed. his heart hurt more than his head, but he pushed himself up and staggered down the creaking stairs.

in the morning light, the house looked very odd and mis-matched. kind of dodgy, if baekhyun thought about it. downstairs, there were only two rooms: a tiny kitchen and a messy, dilapidated living room, which consisted of two sofas squashed together, a few posters hanging, tattered, off the walls, a disgusting, old rug shoved in the middle of the room and a small, practically broken tv.

and a lamp.

upstairs was a similar sight. there was only one other bedroom along with the one he was currently in, which held a similar worn-out feel. it was slightly bigger, though, with a double-bed and a wardrobe. the double-bed having been a request from kai. the bathroom, in between the two rooms, was minimal; just a shower with cracked tiles and a toilet that made a loud noise when you flushed it.

the thin, paper-like walls surrounded him, as he landed with a drowsy thud off the bottom step of the stairs and into the hallway. the old chandelier hang limply in the dawned light. outside, he could hear the dulled sound of cars droning and birds singing. he brought his hand up to shield his eyes, as the sun filtered in, bright and yellow.

baekhyun heard the sound of the kettle boiling, and feet shuffling in a haphazard manner.

he walked into the kitchen, bare feet and bare upper-half, his hair tousled and his eyes sunken.

"kai?" baekhyun asked, his voice deep and groggy with heavy sleep.

kai turned around slowly, his bare chest covered with an unbuttoned pale-blue shirt. he wore his glasses on the end of his nose, as he stared awkwardly at baekhyun, not shocked or suspicious. just not bothered.

"what are you doing up so early?" baekhyun observed casually, questioning. he stepped in one inch further onto the tiles. he yawned widely.

"i could ask you the same thing," kai replied nonchalantly, calmly, continuing to make his coffee. he poured the milk into his mug, observing the way it filtered into the dark brown.

baekhyun could feel that kai was still pissed off with him. or, maybe, he didn't quite know how to react to everything that had happened. everything that baekhyun had confessed.