47

15:02.

two days passed: much the same as before.

simple exchanges and bright smiles and running through the streets and exploring. or revisiting; back to what baekhyun remembered and wanted to show her.

another night at another restaurant: baekhyun had reached forward across the table for her hand, eyes drawing hers in. told her a few more secrets and things, topics that widened her understanding and connected their fingers with an odd but soothing current of electricity.

remnants of his past. roma learnt that she actually knew very little about him. much less than she perceived. such an interesting and intelligent character.

baekhyun had been a big distraction. the morning after, roma had sat with her legs dangling off the counter, thinking about the original plans she'd had for this summer. working extra hours, to save up money for uni when she would return to england. making memories, as well, as mia had stated with that sparkling look in her eyes. knowing all too well.

at the moment she'd been dwelling on those thoughts, baekhyun had wandered past her, dropping his empty glass into the sink. shirtless. hair tousled. he'd taken one look at the light switch. it had switched off; dark vision lingered on it a while.

roma had smiled down at herself.

what a big yet wonderful distraction.

and when he'd then come to rest in between each of her thighs, still on the counter, any regrets she'd had vanished from her plagued mind. arms around his neck, his warm hands resting on her legs. noses rubbing against one another.

same as always. perhaps, a few weeks back, she would've thought what a waste of time having a boyfriend was. boyfriend. or just having someone else in your life, who took up your entire thoughts and your entire days.

now, though. it was worth it.

so many things she'd done and places she'd visited that would never have been possible without him.

love couldn't even describe.

roma thought back to the words she'd uttered, accidentally and unintentionally. because, she'd never spoken those three words with more depth to anyone ever. cringed slightly at the memory of baekhyun's silence and stiff form.

it had been on her mind. maybe his feelings for her weren't as strong. roma loved baekhyun with every fibre of her being. she couldn't bring herself to formulate a sentence that could deduce whether he felt the same way about her.

so caught up and focused was she in her own thoughts and feelings and mind that when the front door burst open quite suddenly, it scared the absolute shit out of her.

she almost knocked her mug of coffee over from her crossed legs, her posture sitting up immediately from where she'd been reclined on the sofa.

it was minseok. hair fallen across his forehead, his backpack slung over one shoulder, headphones in his ears. he looked at her intently for a minute, then nodded politely.

"hey, what's up?" he said to her, flicking his hair in her direction.

"oh, hey, minseok. yeah, good, thank you," she replied hurriedly; moved her books and her coffee, standing up awkwardly to greet him.

she'd almost forgotten that he lived here. hadn't seen him for what felt like so long. baekhyun and her had practically completely occupied the flat; things spread across the sofa and kitchen, sleeping in minseok's bed. roma felt momentarily embarrassed.