69

18:21.

england was a lot colder than lyon. its chilled breeze wafted through the evening air, rustling the leaves of the numerous plants, dipping in between the frequencies of the soft wind and the dull humming of the earth. created a platform of serenity for the state of mind. coincided with the simmering rays of the late heat.

baekhyun took every aspect of the garden in. everything about this place was foreign; the country and its elements. the green nature around him offered a comforting sanctuary for his mind. and for her. it brought forth an entirely new backdrop.

had to comprehend it all in a different light.

but she was here. unsure, unsteady, but amazingly forgiving. soft features said it all. her eyes and vision drifted across the horizon, taking it all in, too. and he was so grateful, he could barely comprehend the magnitude of the situation. his hands wanted to be touching her skin, thanking her, loving her the way it should be.

sat, the two of them, next to each other in the garden chairs. roma with one leg crossed over the over, pale, fading jeans and a large sweatshirt, a cup of tea in between her palms, glasses resting on her head and long hair tied up at the back. her eyes had wandered into the slippery, temperamental expanse up above them as he had been thinking all of these things, staring straight up.

he noticed, now. the sky, and everything.

the reflection from the gathered streak of clouds--the indigo, the violet, the blotchy white--touched the skin of her face gently, slipping across the sharper edges and dilating the lines of exhaustion present beneath her shining orbs. she had a faint smile painted across her pink lips, as her eyes closed, ever-so slowly. breeze fluttered her hair. took a sip of her tea.

baekhyun looked up, too. the swirling mass of various dividing blue shades and fades swam pleasantly across the fading horizon, a blur of desire and reality.

focused in: lines blurred. as if he wanted them to. he twisted his vision. the colours in the sky span in circles. he felt roma's shoulders hunch slightly, next to him, lips falling open alongside the gush of the strong, fresh wind. she was looking properly.

he placed a hand gently onto her arm. she didn't move her vision.

continued to swim, amidst all of the variant hues. baekhyun creased the corners of his eyes. touched her chilled skin. indigo waves of pulsating colour crashed around before them, up above, fading and diluting the gorgeous blue shades.

baekhyun switched. turned his attention onto roma.

the sky stopped.

roma's gaze was averted briefly, glancing downwards, wrapping her fingers tightly around her mug. observed her with a soft aura.

she made eye contact with him.

careful attention.

allowed him to gently intertwine their fingers. soft skin against his own, rubbing his thumb caressingly along her hand. watched her with total focus.

"do you want another cup of tea?" she enquired gently, squeezing her hand tighter against his.

adorable; sweet face puckered into a faint smile, the defining features of her face glowing in the evening shine. pink lips and the bluest, biggest eyes he'd ever, ever, seen.

"nah, i'm alright, thanks," he responded with a careful but meaningful beam, softly accentuated.

she nodded.

placed her mug down onto the table.

the sun was present, but mildly subdued, in a way that permitted baekhyun to fully relax for the first time in a long time. he breathed in out and pleasantly. he couldn't believe the emotions he was experiencing. complete and utter confusion, yet, at the same time, a new form of clarity that washed over his being, like a gushing wave.