27

09:16.

radiance.

decadent.

shining.

love?

//

bleak light sieved through the crack in the thick clouds.

baekhyun's heavy eyes slowly opened; the weight of his eyelids accompanying the throbbing of his forehead. it was a dull throbbing, though. not particularly unpleasant or irritable. just that it reminded him of last night, and the drinking and the laughing and the smiling.

of roma.

he chuckled at the thought; laughing underneath his breath, head resting on his pillow.

last night; bare skin, blue bruises and crumpled bedsheets.

sun was dull but somehow harsh: filtering slowly. and baekhyun couldn't help but admit that he missed the warm sensation of the foreign sunshine dancing across his face, in a way that relaxed him and made him feel at home. just the sheets were crumpled beneath their legs. roma's warm body rested beside his arm, sleeping heavily.

he rubbed his eyes roughly. pressed his palms to them. they were squeezed shut, not reactive to the beckoning of the dawned morning.

baekhyun had missed that: the rush. running through the streets, tasting freedom and forgetting; connected. able to control everything with a flick of his senses and the touch beneath his fingertips. the racing sparks and heartbeats mirroring onto her feverish, blushing skin and her contagious, beautiful laughter.

he swore, even in the blinding, morning light, he could visualise it all now.

roma's darkened eyes staring up at him from underneath the thick eyelashes that rimmed the diamond shape of her vision; her tight clothes straining to every inch of her perfect frame; her teeth gently biting her lower lip, red caught in between. baekhyun remembered the soft feel of her hand as she traced a whisper of gentle touches and fingers across his revealed skin, exposed by his unbuttoned shirt.

dazzling, parisian lights had reflected off of her features; the same lights that ignited the fire in her eyes and the unknown passion in her actions. she'd taken initiative--maybe, even, control--of the situation, wrapping her arm around his and pulling him across the pebbled streets.

baekhyun couldn't come to terms with the warmth he felt in the pit of his stomach, or the butterflies. or how he smiled just at the sight of her, and he turned now, met with her sprawled-out figure, sleeping peacefully, her pale features resting. red lips, still.

he smirked slightly, as he noticed the little purple and pink marks trailing down the plain of her neck, disappearing beneath the mess of her dark hair and her crinkled white t-shirt. remnants and markings. memories.

baekhyun sat up in bed. a stale taste rested in his mouth; lips dry and cracked from drinking and kissing. he pushed his hair back, removing the stray strands from his forehead. humid air matched the misty clouds. from his seated position, the city stretched out beyond in a grey expanse of towering buildings and old architecture.

the eiffel tower in the distance, dark and protruding amid the thick clouds, cowering along the horizon. still and ominous, somehow. eyes squinted, focusing hard, using all his brain power: the sunshine filtrated through; breaking across the skyline.