16

11:50.

the next morning, she'd stayed,

and baekhyun had woken to that same feeling of legs entwined comfortably between his and an arm resting against his waist. like the last few mornings. he'd smiled.

light ever-present. some things don't change.

he'd tried not to think too much. otherwise;

he knew what would happen.

and, of course, roma had been as beautiful as ever. sun rays slanting across her slender features, dotting her eyelids, patterning her cheeks, specks of light dancing across her pale skin.

he hadn't had long before she'd roused herself, too, stretching her limbs, yawning softly. roma, whose heart thudded at the prospect of proximity, whose eyes darted nervously in different directions at the idea of having to look directly at someone, was staring straight at him, eyes big and blue, black lashes framing her sapphire orbs.

an aspect of her that he'd grown fond of; he was used to her usual little flusters and darting vision.

in contrast to that image, baekhyun was pleasantly surprised as she had reached an arm over to leave a whisper of a touch against his fading bruises. her small finger had traced a delicate line across one of the particularly larger cuts, baekhyun watching as her mouth hung slightly open, perhaps in awe or astonishment. or fear, maybe.

but any fears that she may have held somehow didn't fit in with the brightening aura of the day. somehow, they never did. the blissful seeping through of light reflected upon the two of their moods, as roma had sleepily continued her path, a hand bravely trailing down the plain of his neck to reach the sharp juxtaposition of his collar bones to his fragile and bronzed skin.

the brick walls of his apartment couldn't contain the memory of her gentle and unsure lips against his, her lack of experience evident as he'd held her as close to him as he could, recalling the events of the previous evening, the desire he'd had to kiss her shuddering throughout his body at the relief of tension.

she'd looked so perfect last night. an angel; white dress and shining eyes. legs crossed, observing every word, every vowel, he'd spoken. and she'd kissed him back, clutching his neck, his hair, tasting his lips as if it had been her first time.

a small part of him couldn't help but hope that it had been.

in the light, she whispered a good morning, a phrase that was filled with a calm and caring tone, one that warmed baekhyun, causing him to sit himself up in order to take her in fully.

her rested form, minimally clothed in only one of his old t-shirts and her underwear, lay comfortably, her legs matching the fragile material of the bed sheets. dark hair splayed out over the cushions. eyes shut momentarily.

once she'd realised that he was looking--properly looking--she'd blushed that cute pinkish colour that baekhyun had grown to become accustomed to. he'd chuckled, never leaving his fixated gaze from her curved body.

"baekhyun," she'd breathed out, voice laden with sleep, grabbing the ends of his own t-shirt. trying to capture his attention. wanting him not to focus on the bare entirety of her flawless skin. goddess.

he'd leant down and pressed a heavy kiss to her lips, an action that, he could sense, caught her off-guard. it was morning, and exhaustion still encompassed her movements, but baekhyun wanted to touch her, drink every last bit of her in,