07

17:58.

"seriously, though. didn't he look so hot last night?"

mia was perched, legs dangling, drink in hand, on roma's kitchen counter. a lazy smile adorned her garnet-red lips, slight smears staining her skin as she laughed, throwing her blonde hair over her bare shoulder.

she looked tired, the dark circles beneath her eyes accentuating that, but her laugh and her smile suggested otherwise, the pleasant sound only making roma smile, too. the normality of the frequently occurring situation made roma feel at home.

twenty minutes ago, mia had arrived to roma's flat in the same dress as last night, a bottle of wine tucked under her right arm, and her face make-up free and fresh from the apparent evening sun. her hair had been gathered over one shoulder.

she wasn't drunk; just slightly dizzy as she clumsily manoeuvred her way around the tables and chairs to reach the glass cabinet, pouring herself a drink within moments of entering. roma had greeted her with her usual soft and timid voice, looking clean and tidy in comparison to her best friend, having rid herself of her borrowed clothes.

"who looked hot?" roma asked, as she slowly finished clearing everything up, washing up the dishes.

"what do you mean, who?" mia answered sarcastically, but still with a joking tone to her voice.

roma stared.

"luke, of course," mia sighed, her eyes feigning an exaggerated, dreamy expression, one that made her eyes sparkle and her mouth widen.

"oh, right."

"didn't he look so good?"

roma wasn't sure what mia wanted her to answer. and, anyway. roma didn't really have an opinion on that front. from the short conversational exchanges she'd shared with luke, and from the feel of his sweaty palms pressing themselves to hers, she'd sort of decided that she wasn't a big fan of him.

"i suppose so," roma agreed, knowing mia wasn't really listening, either way.

mia appeared in a trance, half-asleep, half-awake, perhaps still slightly drunk from last night. roma had work in half an hour or so, she reminded herself, as she checked her watch.

"he did," mia sighed. "last night was so fun, oh my, god. that club was mental."

roma laughed at mia's slurring and incoherent sentences. averting her gaze, she admired how the sun slanted in through the blinds, paving a path of bright sunshine onto the boring, laminate flooring. roma's bare feet felt smooth against the floorboards, and she relished in the sensation of the warm air whispering past her equally bare legs.

the shorts she was currently wearing reminded her of the already washed and folded-up clothes of baekhyun's that were sitting on the edge of her bed.

she sucked in a breath.

"we went back to his afterwards," mia smirked. laughed. waggled her eyebrows.

roma laughed, too, as her eyes widened at her open statement. she shook her head at mia's usual humourous attitude towards these things. mia winked.

"where did you disappear off to?" mia asked.

roma stopped, turning. she attempted to keep her eyes from flickering, from showing any strained emotion.

"i came back here," she replied. lied.

mia didn't flinch.

"sorry that i left you by yourself. i didn't mean to," mia apologised softly, serious for a brief moment.