23

Driving. 02:20.

as his hand rested, ten to two, on the steering wheel, baekhyun still felt the tremors making their way up and down his arms, coursing through his scarlet veins and his blue blood. he felt the fire burning within, igniting his senses.

where they were going was out of the question now. didn't care. he just wanted to escape, with her. baekhyun was close to succumbing to the exhaustion that was beginning to creep through his aching fingers and itching limbs, the adrenaline tiring him out. but he continued, forcing his eyes to stare ahead, the light wind caressing his skin.

roma was fast asleep, curled up in the passenger seat, legs folded up into a seated position. stray strands of hair flitted across her face, the slightly-open window blowing a soft breeze onto her pale skin.

her mouth hung open a little bit, pink lips evident even in the dim lighting. baekhyun admired the way her cheeks were still tinted a shade of red, even as she slept. baekhyun even noticed the ladders in her black tights, by the way her legs were propped up on the seat, exposing parts of her skin.

she was so fucking beautiful. baekhyun reached out a hand to gently touch hers, and she moved slightly, turning from one side to the other, her small body shifting, a light noise ensuing from her form.

baekhyun smiled. he was happy, he thought. happiness. the word sounded nice, playing over in his head; peaceful, mind at ease.

the motorway was fairly empty, few cars rushing past. baekhyun savoured in his power, savoured the soothing vision of the highway lights rushing past, adding to his euphoric state. fingers continously itched at the wheel, tapping away excitedly; like he was alive again.

he'd been able to do it. control what he thought he'd lost. roma's touch had been ever-present, her fingers having tightly grabbed hold of his hand.

her touch, her kiss, her tongue, still lingered on his lips, the taste of her like the night time and stardust. roma's movements were always hesitant and tentative, unsure through her inexperience. but tonight, she kissed him with as much fervour as he did her, igniting him with her soft skin and red lips.

baekhyun knew that this warm feeling in his chest, expanding, was something different to the light. something more, something that she controlled.

he didn't want to think about that right now. didn't have to think about it.

he sighed happily, relaxing his shoulder and back muscles into the car seat. minutes, endless moments, passed comfortably, baekhyun's lips fixated into a content smile. the warm darkness surrounded the speeding vehicle, dashed, white lines disappearing underneath the car. the road was limitless.

highway roads began to dematerialise, changing into more winding pavements and pathways. few dotted houses and homes occupied the vicinity. baekhyun couldn't read the road signs or street names very well, as he followed them blindly.

to his side, baekhyun heard shifting, and he turned to see roma waking, rubbing her eyes, smudging her black eyeliner in the process. one arm stretched above her head, bright eyes opening, taking in her sudden surroundings. slowed movements.

she breathed out heavily, placing her feet down onto the floor.

baekhyun spoke, quietly, after a minute or so. "hey," he mumbled, a smile prominent in his tone.

he noticed her smile against the darkness.

"hey," she grinned sleepily, intent on him, rubbing her eyes one more time.