15

21:22.

"tell me all about yourself."

deep purple had settled thickly upon the horizon, the luminescent glow of violet outlining the lessening orange tint of the departing sun. the two of them sat opposite one another; both their bare legs apart and barely touching, but enough for her heart to race against her ribcage. flashing amber and yellow city lights dotted the town, a gentle, warm breeze comfortably fluttering past her small dress.

both of them wore lazy smiles, even roma, the rich taste of alcohol scorching her throat and warming her insides. dark strands of hair fluttered across her face. baekhyun's hand ran through his own, the messy array of his hair rustling with the frequent gusts of midnight wind. roma couldn't help but notice how handsome baekhyun was, basking in the reddish evening glow. lips turned up at the corners in that familiar fashion.

the necklace, hung around her neck, drifted with the wind.

"there's not much to tell," she admitted, turning her gaze sideways.

between them, a bottle of red wine had been placed in the centre of their legs, as well as an ashtray. baekhyun had just picked it up, taking a large swig as his eyes never left roma's, a drunken smirk forming on his lips. his tongue wetted his lower-lip, as he placed the wine bottle back down, not before offering her some.

"roma," he chuckled lowly, the rumble of laughter only making her blush further. "come on, tell me everything. i wanna know about you."

he was leaning forward, chuckling, winking.

roma was drunk, too, maybe. or, at least, she'd drank too much to form any sort of thought that made any sense. she laughed loudly but sweetly, the noise in juxtaposition to the isolation of the balcony ledge.

"you tell me," she sighed, leaning forward, too. "about yourself. you're more interesting, i bet."

baekhyun didn't flinch, simply continued to grin.

"i'm boring, i promise."

roma just smiled.

lapse of comfortable silence.

"go on then, ask me something," he tried, a devilish smirk turning up the corners of his mouth. maybe he was flirting.

roma hesitated, pondering, put on the spot. caught off-guard by his sparkling features.

she knew what she really wanted to ask him, but she gulped back the thought, focusing on something other than the events of the last week;

tried to turn her attention to asking him about his favourite colour or what he liked to do in his free time. anything. tried to ignore the dashing lights that appeared to dance across his facial features.

"okay," she started, edging slightly nearer, her throat dry, "what do you do?"

he let out a breathy laugh.

"you mean, like, do i have a job?"

she nodded, "yeah."

"um, no, not really."

roma felt a momentary heat of embarrassment; her being unsure of what to do or say next. wishing she'd asked something more intellectual, more interesting, anything.