28

10:26.

it all died down,

somehow, some way.

eventually.

what was probably just a couple of minutes, felt like an eternity.

spread out; the pain slowly and gradually subsiding. sparks of light and fire dissipating from his heated and shivering touch.

and, after all the dark noise had disappeared, baekhyun managed to pull himself up from the floor, legs still shaking and damaged limbs still weak. shirt crumpled and hair dishevelled. his hand rested heavily against the paper-like walls, his heart weak from all the energy he'd used up.

the city wasn't silent; it seemed casual, the storm leaving behind a normality that put baekhyun on edge. all in his head.

an odd quiet had settled over the thousands of people and tall buildings, returning it to its previous clear sky and morning sun. it was almost blinding. baekhyun felt the perspiration break out across his forehead, sweat forming in patches across his body. he noticed how his lip still trembled. it was slight, but still there.

he couldn't even think about her.

because his head seared with a heavy heat; a force that almost knocked him backwards once again. he sighed deeply, insides collapsing, features still in a state of fear.

baekhyun gulped down the lump in his throat. he can't have been the only one, could he?

he wasn't really thinking properly, as he knelt down, weight collapsing onto him, picking up his trainers and jacket. back ached. once up again, he hurriedly pulled on his extra clothes, patting his pockets to check he had his keys and wallet.

rushed movements followed, baekhyun throwing open the top of his bag and chucking in anything that looked remotely like his. a momentary sense of panic overtook him as he knew what he had to do.

heart was slowly beating, his energy lessening as the luminosity outside increased, bit by bit, marginal increments.

roma, roma, roma.

just forget.

baekhyun wiped his brow with the back of his hand. observed with a distant expression the patterns of light that the sunshine trailed across the stained carpet floor. feet tripped over one another; hand on the wall to support his unsteady stance.

after a few unsuccessful attempts, baekhyun managed to push through their room door, to be met with a cool and eerily still air. out into the corridor. the lack of people and movement created an edgy atmosphere, an aura that only fuelled his need to keep walking.

knew what he had to do.

he took the numerous flights of stairs.

the reception was the same as it had been earlier in the morning. a few girls at the front desk, a few people loitering around. everyone was continuing on with their daily routines and lives. no-one had noticed. just him.

and roma, of course.

stop.

his bag weighed him down, arms straining with the new-found effort, as he began to pick up his pace. baekhyun noticed how the laces of his converse were undone.

i'm sorry, played over and over again in his head. he wanted to apologise to her.

but instead,