25

22:39.

red wine burned the back of her throat. stars filled her eyes. the colourful lights dotted the hazy background.

she'd never get used to this. this. the rush of the big cities and the sound of the people. so many people. roma wasn't nervous, or scared. she just closed her eyes and leaned back, letting the wind flow through her hair.

baekhyun's arms circled around roma's waist, holding onto her. holding her upright. she wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head on his shoulder, locking her legs around his waist, exclaiming happily.

dizzy. colours and lights everywhere. 

he put her down, her arms still clinging to him.

their intoxicated states made standing still a difficult task; one that required concentration and a lot of drunken laughter.

"baekhyun," roma sang, wanting to feel him, touch him, his hot skin. his strong arms.

"you're so gorgeous," baekhyun murmured against her cheek, voice filled with love and adoration. his warm, tingling breath fanned across her face.

her heart burst. chest warmed.

the bustle of nightlife surrounded the beautifully dazzling city. a million stars shone in the sky, like they were trying to make a point. the night was alive. she could almost feel the electricity pulsating from his skin, controlling the light. faintly, roma heard the buzz of the wires, flowing, sparks.

ignition.

she couldn't stop. she watched on lovingly, in love, as baekhyun cupped his hands around his mouth, lighting the cigarette that sat between his full lips. the orange embers floated down to the ground, burning; baekhyun took a long and weighted drag. smoke billowed up above, grey swirling against black, the fumes drawing her in to him.

like poison. toxic and addictive, overtaking her entirety.

the eiffel tower ascended into the dark sea of sky, piercing the pitch-black mass with a beacon of glaring light. bright yellow and amber and gold ran up and down the length of its magnificent height. tourists took pictures, savouring the moment, flashes of camera light blinding her.

baekhyun was looking up, too, continuously blowing out the smoke from his lips. perhaps, admiring something. his power, maybe. she felt it again, strong and coursing. captivating her completely.

"hey," baekhyun smiled, a whisper of a smirk gracing his beautiful features. "watch this."

roma felt the chills, static, tingling up and down her spine. made her feel insignificant in comparison.

"watch what?" she smiled coyly, removing the strands of hair that the wind had blown onto her face.

roma could just about make out the curve of his noise and the sharp line of his jaw amid the dark atmosphere. amid the clouds brewing. the thrill of the rush. he threw down the cigarette, almost dramatically, the burning orange sinking into the concrete ground. smoke disappeared.

turning into nothing; no lustre, no life.

baekhyun looked at her knowingly. raised his eyebrows. took hold of her hands. warm skin. fire flowing through her entire being, sparkling her senses, rekindling her emotions.

roma focused on his lips. they trembled slightly.

as did hers.

with a sudden surge of something--indescribable, beyond words--roma felt it, inside of her, almost. it was irresistible. the lights. she'd got used to it. up above, the looming eiffel tower slowly, one by one, diminished in procession, each bright square shutting itself down, until the spire was covered in nothing but darkness.