42

06:53.

dawn.

still cold; the entire room seemed pressured with a thin entity, one that encircled her shivering frame and crept beneath her thin shirt and jeans. roma tried not to let her sentiments show, though. didn't want to perhaps make minseok uncomfortable, seeing that she was squirming in her seat.

couldn't figure out what to do with her trembling parts.

tears had dried heavily onto her skin, weighing them down, tugging sharply. she felt so exhausted. the frames rimmed with mist that couldn't be obscured. cold down to the core.

as roma observed the room, she noticed how sparse the furniture was. only a worn-out couch, a small, standing tv, an old rug and a broken lamp. odd, for an apartment. she felt somewhat more reassured, as the dim sky outside faded through the room, alleviating the pitch-black. dark blue, instead.

which was somehow better to her.

less threatening, maybe. a smattering of faded, turquoise glow shone through the blinds.

she peered over her shoulder to look at minseok. he was sat, cross-legged, toying with his hands. winding them in between each other. not nervously, or anything; and it wasn't awkward between them. roma was fascinated by his beauty; it seemed to emanate from him, glowing with a pale, bluish hue.

unreal. although baekhyun was more mesmerising and captivating, minseok had a similar aura, catching her attention. she observed, carefully, his fluid movements. the azure tint to his skin, that shone against the room. beautifully-shaped eyes. wide and observant, framed with a crystallised edge.

she suddenly felt helpless and pathetic, again. like she was of no use to anyone.

roma looked at the mess of glass littering the floor. she stood up, only to kneel down, beginning to pick up the broken pieces. careful not to harm herself on the sharp object. her heart raced. just trying to help, her quick manoeuvres contrasting her previous stationary position.

"hey, hey, don't worry about that," minseok frantically spoke, leaping up from his seated position and kneeling beside her. his face was so close, his fingers being careful with the shards. replacing her fumbling movements. his hand enclosed around hers.

"no, honestly, i want to help. please."

whispered.

"you'll hurt yourself, don't worry about it," he ascertained, his voice low and wavering. didn't know her, but didn't want her to injure herself.

her heart hammered, as minseok grabbed hold of her hands, ceasing her movement. roma risked a glance his way; his eyes drew her in again, iced and mysterious, the iris small, hardly visible, and drowning in the sea of aqua-blue. he looked back at her, too, orbs narrowing in quizzically.

just then, baekhyun entered the room, three mugs held in between, balancing precisely, his hands. eyes scanned between the two of them, but didn't appear upset or questioning. trusted minseok. roma gave him a light smile, pink lips turning up at the corners. didn't fully acknowledge what they were both trying to do.

"alright," baekhyun said quietly, nodding his head in their direction. he placed the mugs down on the upturned coffee table next to them, shoving it slightly. "i made tea."