21

03:13.

roma knew it was baekhyun.

mia lay fast asleep next to her, oblivious, snoring lightly, their bedroom encased in a darkened shroud of the screaming night outside. lights flashed, dashed across the walls, cast corners into shadows of black, grey and white. no colour, just blaring light.

roma clutched the blanket to her chest; slowly sat up in bed, shaking. observed how the curtains flapped wildly and how the wind howled and rattled the window panes.

heart racing.

that same chill ran up and down her spine. she clung to the bed sheets for comfort, silently praying. roma wanted to hide under the covers, wait until it would go away. she wanted him. needed him.

where was he?

goosebumps rose along her forearm and bare legs, forming a rigid layer, fragile skin that trembled violently. out of fright.

roma could almost hear him, calling for help. maybe. her mind willed her to place her feet upon the floorboards, standing up from the bed, searching for a pair of shoes and her jacket. her vision dizzied, unsure, mind blanking.

mia didn't even stir, as she rushed, panicked frantically, clutching her phone and running a hurried hand through her messy hair. looked for her keys.

roma bumped into the door frame. hurt her head.

the wind was powerful, circling the small apartment, urging, beckoning her. shaking her thoughts, her eyes staring at the seemingly wide-open door.

she didn't know where she was going.

she just went; eyes tear-stained and lips forming words she shouldn't speak.

//

03:29.

dark, early morning.

she hadn't driven in a while, the steering wheel and the roar of the engine startling her slightly as she revved out of the driveway, tyres screeching. the foreign and forgotten feeling of the road speedily disappearing behind her fuelled the electricity in her veins.

roma was in no state to drive. she knew that; it was obvious, her palpitating heartbeat resonating within her, her fingers tapping obsessively on the wheel, her eyes darting from one side of the small streets to another.

it was difficult; she had to pay attention to each turn and each cobbled bump in the road, rather than focusing on searching for him. admittedly, she had no clue what she was doing. not thinking logically.

in the corner of her vision, she noticed some of the lights in people's windows flash ominously, on and off, one minute a beacon of white light, the next plunging the frame into a black entity.

blank. nothing; like the emptiness she felt inside of her. something missing.

the wind had died down slightly. it no longer forced the moving car forward, allowing roma to take control of the direction.

all too much, and not enough. another swift turn. roma tried to calm herself down, tried to breathe, tried to do all those things. anything to stop herself from crashing the car.