62

03:39. 

it was paris again. 

a warmth that erupted around her, a shining, white glow seeming to emanate from her bare skin. 

and her laugh; she couldn't help it, but it was ringing out, like it was sending signals. and the sun; she could barely comprehend it, but it was so bright. yellow and amber and every radiant colour on the spectrum. 

spectrum: colours. 

baekhyun's hands. 

all over her. 

his lips, his mouth, tasted so good. 

she laughed louder, ringing and ringing, feeling him close to her. 

"i love you," he said. 

warmth and sunshine and oh, god, she needed him. 

she was about to say it back. 

she loved him. 

really loved him. 

then, it went dark. the sky was black. big, dark birds flapped around the square. and they were back in lyon; the church tower and the cobbled flooring and her skin wasn't glowing anymore, and--

baekhyun was moving away from her. looking at her like she was a stranger; pain etched into his features and creases, running now. looked as if she was going to hurt him. 

she loved him. 

the lights shut down everywhere around them. 

one by one.

on and off. 

so fucking dark. 

baekhyun's footsteps were echoing, increasing in volume, louder and louder. too much to handle. he disappeared around the corner. he was all around her. 

and the square seemed to be becoming vaster and wider, darker and further away from the edges and roma could feel herself screaming; throat hoarse and burning. 

"baekhyun!"

no answer. 

the roaring of wind in her ears drowned out her voice. 

she was screaming. 

baekhyun! 

baekhyun! 

baekhyun...

still screaming. couldn't breathe-- 

"roma. roma! roma, wake up!"

familiar and hurried and a scared voice pulled her out of the dark expanse of her nightmare. 

only could hope. 

the light was minimal. 

mia's hands shook her shoulders, pulling back the bed covers, her tone panicked and desperate. 

roma was still stuck, in the trance, in between the darkness and the light; black images of darkened street corners and vastly expanding edges gripped her mind, the images replaying, not letting go. 

skin was hot and, as she filtered back into reality, she felt her t-shirt sticking to her back and her frame shaking, shivering and unable to control her trembling actions. dried tears patterned her skin, and a sleek sliver of light from the street lamps outside illuminated mia's piercing eyes, staring at roma with a registered look of worry and fear. her mouth was still wide open.