from em

//

hey.

i'm em & i'm twenty (almost) and i'm english and i study literature (guess that was pretty obvious) and i enjoy being happy in the haze of a drunken hour (the smiths reference, sorry).

sooo, i finally finished radiance.

think that took me about two years, or something hahaha.

it feels pretty nice to have finished it; like, to have something of my own that's completed, properly. something that i drafted and checked over and took lots of care into.

i hope that, whoever kindly took the time to read the whole thing, liked it & thought it was interesting. sorry if it was a bit crazy, but i quite like that aspect of it i think haha.

honestly, thank you so, so, so much. for anyone who read radiance and was confused by something, or had a question that i didn't answer, or anything really, ask me :) ask me any questions, go for it. i would love to answer everything.

or if you just fancy a chat, that's also nice.

i know that i'm really not very vocal when it comes to talking about my writing or my story, so i'm sorry if i've been a bit detached or something. i really appreciate anyone & everyone who commented and liked each chapter, it really, genuinely means a lot. so, a big thank you. apologies for sometimes there being long waits between the updates but ever since starting uni and stuff, i don't know, life got quite busy.

being twenty and living in a big city gets a bit much sometimes, but writing is so calming and allows you to articulate yourself unto other characters and scenarios, and i truly recommend it to anyone, if you ever feel overwhelmed by something or by your surroundings, just write!!! write down the time of day and what the weather is like outside and write out all of your frustrations about the hot boy who sits opposite you in your lecture or write about how shitty work is or write about all of those feelings that that one person makes you feel.

anything, really. because it really does you good, even if you don't think you're any good at it, it doesn't matter. read and write and drink lots of tea and listen to joy division and just writewritewrite :) !!!

reading and writing are sometimes the best things that you can do.

i always write, but radiance is the first story i've actually properly published and completed; feels nice. i actually have ideas for a series; i've written a prologue and have some thoughts for a kai story...what would you think?

so, yes. a big thank you & lots of love and i encourage everyone to write and i have so much appreciation for everyone who enjoyed my story and said lovely things to me. thank you so much.

not much else to say but thank you and that i hope i can manage to publish some more stuff to share soon x

lots of love.

em xoxo