45

23:31.

stumbling through the front door, roma was supported by baekhyun's strong arm circled around her waist, his low and light chuckle sounding deeply into her ear. minseok had given baekhyun the key, although they hadn't seen him in a couple of days now. but baekyhun had said not to worry.

darkness inside the flat. humid air filled the expanse of the small apartment and inundated the rooms; closed windows; a silence that was filled with an odd, tangible tension that roma felt in her uneven breaths and glossy eyes.

"i think you've had a bit too much wine," roma laughed as baekhyun tripped over his feet, putting his weight onto her momentarily, but managing to hold himself up.

"nah, i'm fine," baekhyun laughed harder, shutting the door closed behind him. noise against silence.

the wine and the heat had given her that heady, dizzy feeling as she pushed her hair back from her face, sweat having pooled in the crook of her neck, along her collar bones, resting on her forehead.

roma chuckled at his movements, as baekhyun kicked off his shoes. she did the same. after a few attempts, baekhyun managed to lock the door, chucking the key onto the stand nearby. he immediately wrapped his arms around her again, bringing her into his scent and his strong chest.

"baekhyun," she giggled, cheeks blushing, as he reached down to grab hold of her bum, squeezing over her jeans.

"you look so pretty tonight," he mumbled into her ear, kissing the skin below a few times.

roma, once again, was thankful for the dark, for hiding her reddening cheeks and the heat flushing to them.

"you're drunk," she retorted quietly, a nervous giggle slipping past her lips, clinging to baekhyun's t-shirt.

he squeezed harder, forcing her to curve into his body.

"i'm not," baekhyun said; deep voice. depth in his vision.

it was dark, but roma could see that pleasant fire dancing in his eyes. tanned skin appeared golden and shining in the brooding light. rush of cars and stream of traffic outside: barely audible. 

strong arms and sharp jawline and roma couldn't breathe.

"you look beautiful," she admitted, blurting out, without really thinking.

baekhyun let out a deep, husky laugh. his head was thrown back slightly.

roma watched him in awe.

"you're so cute," he spoke slowly. deep eyes and red lips.

baekhyun traced a finger down her nose, to her mouth, continuing his blazing trail along the extent of her jaw and chin. roma playfully bit his finger, skin hot in her mouth. he bit his lip.

she was sure. sure of so many things and so unsure at the same time. lips formed the words she wanted so badly to say.

baekhyun kissed her, hard, before she could formulate any meaning. his hands rested in the same place, grasping her back, mouth pressing desperately to hers. roma was more confident this time, wrapping her arms around his neck, bringing him as close as was humanly possible.

perhaps it was the somewhat drunken nature of their state of minds, or the heat making the sensation all too much. she could feel him pressing into her, and she felt herself blushing even further. jeans in the way. hair fell around her like a halo.

he smelt so good. of cologne and of a faint tint of alcohol and of his clothes. his tongue was hot and heavy against hers, his experienced actions dominating her frantic and anxious movements. his teeth bit lightly onto her lower-lip.