39

05:06.

darkness.

lost but okay. maybe.

only momentarily, however, as baekhyun's tight grip brought warmth and security rushing through her quivering, slight frame. fingers were warm and comforting. she hadn't realised how late--or early, rather--it was, as the two of them had clearly become carried away in each other's company, and in the prevailing night that had brought them back together.

the sun had set deeply into the horizon, and they'd gone from coffee shop to bar to club, and roma was in so deep and was so gone, that her surroundings became a blur of passion and realism. she couldn't help it; baekhyun held her and pressed wet and drunken kisses onto the corner of her mouth. everything back to the way it was before. the club played heavy synth, the dashing lights aligning to the thump of her heartbeat, like they always used to.

reverberations of the deep bass-line music pumped life back into her frozen veins, and the heat from his body filled her with vivacity and adoration for here and now. alcohol numbed the impending thoughts of how long this feeling would last for, and blurred her mind and coherence into a mess of desire for something that roma knew would be difficult to have.

a sudden shiver along her backside nudged her back into reality.

baekhyun leant down to where their hands were entwined and printed a small and consoling kiss onto the top of her head. roma smiled to herself. her mind was a bit fuzzy; her thoughts somewhat faded and finding it difficult to form a comprehensive awareness of her surroundings. all she saw were piled-up houses and dark streets. lights flashed ominously in the fringes of her vision.

"are you cold?" baekhyun asked her intently, his arm wrapping tighter around.

his feet stumbled slightly, the drunken slope in his step evident as he attempted to stay grounded. roma giggled at his inebriated behaviour, keeping hold of him as best as she could.

she shook her head in response, and gripped strongly onto his hold.

baekhyun chuckled slightly at his stumble and the two continued on their path.

roma couldn't help but suck in a sharp breath as the odd stranger would brush past them, a cap pulled low and their hands shoved in their pockets. as if the two of them were in everyone else's way. the darkened and emptied berlin streets gave off a somewhat sinister vibe; like unknown territory. like, she didn't know, perhaps they weren't welcome.

it's okay. baekhyun's here.

"i think we're almost there," baekhyun informed her in a whisper, fingers interlocking with hers, as they both swiftly turned a corner, down a less-populated side-street.

graffiti and dilapidated posters accompanied the mundane brick walls. they towered above and around, looming against the black sky. roma looked up, in hope of finding the noir expanse to be filled with twinkling, joyous stars. instead, she was met with a foggy canvas of nothing. as if the sky was frozen in time. unmoving.

her heart beat fast.

"sorry," baekhyun's deep voice mumbled, pulling her in another direction. "it's been a while since i've been here, i've forgotten where he lives."

roma tried her hardest to keep her worn-out and laden eyes opened, happy and pleased to have the support of baekhyun's strength keeping her up.

"baekhyun?" she spoke quietly.