18

23:04.

the apartment's silence was broken by the sound of the two of them falling in through the front door. baekhyun's arm still slung over roma's shoulders. creak of the door hinges and shuffling of drunken and muddled footsteps echoed around the small space. rushed noise momentarily spilt through.

no lights; nothing. emptiness.

but roma could feel the uncomfortable red warmth of baekhyun's skin; the heat of blood from the new wounds inflicted upon him. her heart clenched at the thought of having to face his damages again, the lump rising in her throat. recalling the most recent events of damp, scarlet kitchen towels and broken whimpers. the darkened memories mirrored their current situation.

his drunken state combined with the limp in his step proved walking him through the front door a difficult task.

"roma," baekhyun sighed, laughing. roma wasn't in the mood for his inebriated state of constant smirking and joking. hands reached up to push him back.

she attempted to manoeuvre around the edge of the wall, darkness encompassing her vision, baekhyun's quickened movements halting her.

"baekhyun," she groaned quietly, her voice broken and uneven, pulling him off her as she fumbled for the light switch.

the light bulb flickered, wavered against the darkness, attempted to illuminate, and then shut off. an aura of darkness that she'd grown accustomed to. she flicked the switch again, numerous times, then gave up, baekhyun's wandering arm distracting her.

a mysterious chill ran down the length of her spin; she twitched uncomfortably, a shiver of fear rattling through her shaking entirety. her mouth was dry. she tried to hold back the tears, her throat constricted.

"baekhyun--"

she started, but was distracted by the trail of kisses that he was leaving against the skin of her neck, burrowing his head into her shoulder. pushing her against the wall. it was dark. baekhyun groaned lowly against the shell of her ear, a sound that startled her, him muttering something that sounded similar to her name.

"that was hot," he said. she managed to comprehend the quiet phrase, pulling away.

"w-what was?"

confused, embarrassed by his words, she tried to push him back slightly, so she could look at him directly. look at him.

"you telling jack to fuck off." the smirk was evident in his tone, as he leaned in again.

roma didn't know what to reply. her concerns were more focused around baekhyun and his cuts and bruises, the dark red colour standing out against the dark tension of the empty room. car lights patterned the walls, dotting the blank expanse of nothingness, the sound of the motorway filling the silence. it was so quiet.

"this isn't a joke," roma spoke through gritted teeth.

he laughed.

he was drunk.

roma didn't know what to do.

she felt anger. fear. a surge of confidence.

"baekhyun, stop! i was so fucking scared for you! don't you see that?! this isn't funny!"