Follow The Riddle Trail {Edward}

Imagine...

You sighed, walking through the doors of Barnes office, feeling relieved to be out of there.Without Essen here, it's a mad house. He runs this place like you're in the army. And none of these people have any common sense what so ever. The only one here that does is Edward.

You grinned just thinking about him. He's charming, adorable, and very very smart. And he loves riddles. He makes the most challenging ones you'd ever seen. You kept the grin on your face as you walked down towards forensic's and into your little office.

You plopped the files down from the most recent case Ed and you had been working on, when you noticed a little note sitting on your desk. You picked it up, grinning, a huge grin, seeing Ed's name written at the bottom.

"I see you have found the first riddle! Congratulations smart one. Now! Follow these little steps, and you shall find me.
-Edward Nygma."

You noticed a little arrow on the corner of the paper, flipping it to the other side, reveling the riddle. You grinned. This should be fun!

"Riddle me this... I'm red as blood and green as grass. I have little protectors, that love to stab. What am I...?"

You stood there a minute, thinking. Until you instantly smiled, rushing out of your office and into the filing room, to see a single rose sitting in a vase on top of a filing cabinet. You had been in here earlier getting files from Ed for Barnes, when you had noticed it. Ed caught you staring at it, a secret little smile on his face. And now you know why. You smelled the rose, sighing, happily. You looked at the vase it was in, noticing another note taped to the side. You smiled, taking it.

"So... I see you have found the next step on the riddle trail! Keep on going... You're getting closer!
-Edward Nygma."

You laughed, seeing his name at the end. Like you didn't know.. You flipped it around, revealing the next riddle.

"Riddle me this! What's green, slender, and something you admired...?"

You looked around, confused for a moment, before another light bulb went on in your head. The dress! Ed just surprised you with a beautiful green dress you had admired on an outing you had during a break a few days go.  Guess this trail leads to your place.. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You twirled around in front of your bedroom mirror, grinning. This is the first time you've gotten to wear it. And for something so fun! You jumped slightly, hearing your phone ringing on the bed. You looked down, seeing Ed's name lighting up the screen, making you grin.

"Hellooo Eddie dear. I love the riddles by the way.." He chuckled.

"I'm glad! You're a smart one. Soooo, you got the rose. And the dress. Now can you figure out the rest..?" The line went dead, making you chuckle. Oh Eddie.. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You held the rose in your hand, fixing your dress slightly, knocking on Ed's door, a giddy feeling rushing through you. The door opened, revealing Ed standing there, dressed as nicely as ever. He grinned slightly, ushering you inside. You grinned up at him, looking around his apartment, seeing candles lit. And a beautiful arrangement of roses sitting on his table. You whirled around, grinning at him.

"Awww, Eddie. The roses are so beautiful!" He grinned, a look of relief on his face.

"I knew they were your favorite." You hugged him, seeming to surprise him, making you laugh.

"What's wrong Eddie? You seemed tense there for a moment." He slightly chuckled, looking embarrassed.

"I just figured this would be the only way I could get you over here.. by riddles." You smiled, a little smile.

"Are you kidding? All you had to do was ask and I'd have come over in a flash. Buuut, I did love the riddle trail." He smiled, a huge smile, fixing his glasses, making you grin. He's so cute.

"Well Miss (Y/L/N), would you please stay for dinner?" You smiled, reaching up to kiss his cheek, making his whole face light up.

"I would love to...."