Protecting (Oswald)

Imagine....
"Bring the girl in!! Now!!" You flinched upon hearing the mans booming voice from the next room, clearly scared out of your mind. So much has happened in the past hour that you can't keep up. You just witnessed your little brother being killed... you held him as he died. And... it was all your fault. You didn't warn him in time. You screamed and screamed and screamed. But it was too late...

The men holding you now are the ones who killed him... and all you did the whole ride here was kick and scream at them. Your eyes are puffy from all the crying. And you still can't stop... your only family is gone. Forever. The men barged the through the door, leading into a huge dining room looking area, your eyes widening slightly.

Oswald Cobblepot is the man behind all this...? No... You've known each other for years... you two grew up together. And now he's gone and done something like this to you?? How?! You glared at him as the men threw you down in front of him, his eyes wide with surprise.

"(Y/N)....? You're the one that worked for Fish...? How did I not know this?" You sighed, screaming on the inside. You just wanted to ring his neck so much!

"No!!!! You know damn well it wasn't me... Penguin!!!!" The two men standing guard looked at you, clearly angered, but Oswald simply looked down at you, his eyes narrowed. But the surprise still on his face.

"Then who?! Why have they brought you here if you have no meaning for me???" You moved back a tad, Oswald getting right in your face, his face red from anger. He's completely changed....

"My brother...." You slowly looked up at the two men, so mad that you started huffing, your heart racing so fast, pointing at them, before turning back to Oswald, your eyes wild with anger.

"These two idiots killed my brother!!!!! And you let them do it.... You let them!! How??? Why?? What have we ever done to you Oswald?? You used to be my friend..." Oswald looked at you a moment, conflicted, his eyes wide with surprise at your outburst, before looking at the man standing behind him, his eyes suddenly filling with rage.

"Butch... give me your gun... now!!!" The man flinched a little, before handing Oswald his gun, your eyes widening in terror. You don't care if he shoots you... you're not going to apologize for standing up for your brother. If you have too... you will kill those men yourself. Just simply take the gun when he turns...

But before you could finish your thoughts, Oswald jumped up from his seat, the rage still clear on his face, before shooting both men straight through the head, dropping the gun onto the table with a loud thud, his breathing hard.

You looked up at him, beyond surprised, your eyes filling with tears once again. They may be gone now. But it still doesn't take away the pain... You looked down at the ground, before feeling a hand softly landing on your shoulder, making you look up, seeing Oswald looking down at you, regret on his face.

"I had no idea it was your brother... I didn't even know he worked for Fish. I never saw him..." You shook your head a little, not knowing if you should be mad at him or not, when suddenly, he extended his hand towards you, you slowly placing yours in his. He gently helped you up, seeing the bruises the men left behind on your face and arms, his rage coming back again.

"And they hurt you...." You just looked at him, your eyes filled with tears, when he slowly brought you into a hug, making you burst with the tears you've been holding in since it happened. He softly patted your back, soothing you a little.

"I never meant to hurt you.... I promise! I didn't know.... If I had...." You slowly pulled back, gently placing your hand on his cheek, softly rubbing your thumb back and fourth.

"I missed you Os..." He softly smiled, before you kissed his cheek, making him grin a little.

"I missed you too (Y/N)..." Just looking at him brought back so many memories of when you were all kids. Your brother used to follow Oswald around everywhere, watching his every move, smiling at everything he did. It was like... you three were a little family.