Remembering What Once Was {Jeremiah} Part 2 of Who You Once Knew is Gone

Imagine.....
Your heart was utterly broken. He didn't even remember you....? He looked at you for so long and never once seemed to remember one thing about you. And you couldn't believe it. You had been through so much together. But yet, it was all wiped away by his brother. How can so many years be gone, just like that? Like it never happened.

He was your life. And without him, you felt lost. You didn't even want to keep trying anymore. You'd done all you could. And once he let you go, realizing you weren't of no use to him, you felt utterly broken. You sat on your balcony with your legs dangling down, a gun poised in your shaking hands. It could all go away.... the hurt. The memories. The heartbreak. All of it. With just one pull of the trigger. It would all be gone.....

"(Y/N)!!! Stop! Put it down...." You screamed in frighten from the sudden voice coming from behind you in your tiny apartment in the heart of Gotham, turning to see Jeremiah standing there with his eyes wide in utter fear. Jeremiah....? Why was he here? And he said your name.... he said it with knowing in his voice. He... he remembered?

"Jer....." Suddenly, you broke down into uncomfortable sobs, your whole body shaking from all the emotions flowing through you at the moment. And the sudden arms of Jeremiah wrapping around you bringing it all home.

"It's okay (Y/N).... I'm so sorry I didn't remember. I don't.... I don't get how I could forget you. But I'm here...." You softly laid your head on his shoulder, feeling content for the first time in a long time. Even if it wouldn't last. At least you both had this moment to cherish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@wolfethedog5000 is brilliant for this idea. Thank youuuu! 😘