Understanding (Selina & Ivy)

Imagine...
Finally! It's time to go home. And you couldn't be any happier. You've been training at the GCPD like crazy and it's exhausting. It feels nice being out on the streets of Gotham.

You blew out a sigh in relief from finally being able to relax, just about home, just as two kids came running from the alley next to you, taking you by surprise. Two girls were running down the sidewalk, panic clearly on their faces.

"Hey! What are you running from?? Are you in trouble?" Suddenly, the brown haired girl stopped in her tracks, the red headed girl stopping just after her.  They both turned, looking at you funny. What?

"You're not gonna take us to the station or something?" You chuckled a little, feeling sorry for them. Jim told you about them. And how street wise the brown haired girl, Selina aka Cat, is.

"Nope! I'm just simply passing by on my way home. Why on earth would I take you to the station anyhow? You both are good." The red heads eyes widened, clearly surprised.

"I just wanted... I just wanted to check on some plants I had out here.... I wanted to make sure they're still alive.." You looked down the alley, a surprised look on your face, mixed with humor. The flowers she's talking about are the ones you water all the time. Because your place is right next to it. You grinned at her, slowly walking towards them, making sure they wouldn't run.

"Oh those flowers? Don't worry, I keep them alive." She sent you a weird look, making you laugh.

"I live right there. I water them every morning before work." They both looked clearly surprised, the red headed girl getting a little smile on her face.

"Thank you... I'm Ivy." You extended your hand, sending her a little smile.

"And I'm (Y/N). I must say... you have a green thumb. Those flowers have never looked so beautiful. They're more alive." She got a little smile on her face, her cheeks red. Selina looked you over, her face hard, on alert. Poor kids... No parents to look after them. They've just got each other.

"I'm Selina. But everyone calls me Cat. And thanks. For looking after the flowers. Just... don't tell Jim you saw us. He's been on me about the orphanage thing. And I'm not doing it." You held your hands up, a little smile on your lips.

"I swear I won't. I don't believe in the orphans system. It sucks. I know. I was one for the longest time. Until I got out and well.. here I am." Selina looked at you, her eyes wide with surprise, before a smile finally broke her hardness.

"I wouldn't have thought. Nice. I'm glad one of you understands anyway." You shook your head in full agreement. After being shuttled from one place to another, it takes a toll on you. But you finally got out of it and got on with your life. Alone. Until you made it here, Gotham. And you met some incredible people.

"Well you guys take it easy out here. Be safe. And if you ever need anything, you know where to find me." They both grinned at you, before walking away, you watching as they went. Suddenly, Ivy turned slightly, sending you a little wave, making you grin, waving back. You walked down the little alley towards your door, your eyes widening in surprise. The flowers are practically glowing! You leaned down, smelling them, sighing, a happy sigh. What good kids...