I Won't Hurt You

Zayn didn't hang out with the best people at school. His fathers definitely wouldn't approve but Zayn just wanted to fit in. He knew that being the sweet, caring, gentle person he really was wouldn't make him popular so he had to be someone he wasn't.

Zayn was sitting in his maths class when he heard the door open and a nerdy looking kid in a sweater vest and glasses with slicked back hair walked in. He watched as the kid walked over to the teacher's desk but he tripped halfway and fell into the desk.

"Oops, Hi...I'm Marcel, I'm new here" he said as he shook the teacher"s hand.

"What a fucking loser" Zayn's "mate" Justin whispered to their group. Zayn literally couldn't stand Justin, he was completely cold-hearted and soul-less but he was the most popular kid in their year and Zayn would do anything to be popular so he did what Justin said and never spoke out against him.

"Hi Marcel, I'm Mr. Grimshaw. You can take a seat next to Zayn in the back, Zayn please raise your hand."

Zayn raised his hand and he heard Justin groan as Marcel walked back to sit next to them. Zayn's other mate Luke began shooting spitballs at Marcel's head and when Marcel turned around Justin slapped him in the back of the head and told him to turn back around and mind his own business. Then Michael took Marcel's glasses which were already taped down the middle and snapped them in two before throwing them at the back of Marcel's head. Zayn thought the lads' antics were funny and harmless and he laughed along with them even though he could see Marcel silently crying with his head down.

Soon the bell rang and Marcel shot up and practically sprinted out the door.

"Let's go follow him, the little bitch isn't getting away that easy."

They caught sight of Marcel running towards the toilets so they decided to follow him in. When they entered after him they saw Marcel crying in the corner.

"Aw look at the little baby, are you crying cause your mum isn't here to breastfeed you for lunch." Justin taunted. He then looked at Michael, Luke, and Zayn with a knowing look and Luke and Michael immediately grabbed Marcel and began to punch him and kick him. Zayn was about to follow when he heard Marcel squeak out a "Please don't hurt me" in the most vulnerable voice ever.

That made Zayn stop dead in his tracks. He'd heard those words before. Harry. His little brother had muttered those words so many times when he had first come to live with them and hadn't built up his trust yet. He sometimes still gets scared and says it. Zayn felt guilty. If he hit Marcel he'd be just as bad as Harry's parents and he could never be like that so Zayn stood slightly behind his mates as they beat Marcel. When they had decided they'd had enough they threw Marcel on the ground and Justin grabbed Marcel's books and ripped the pages out before throwing his books in the trash.

"That's what you get for existing!" Justin spat at Marcel. Marcel was huddled in the corner still covering his face. He was shaking and silently sobbing,he had cuts and bruises everywhere and he was bleeding.

"Come on lads, I don't want to look at this loser anymore." Michael and Luke followed Justin out but Zayn stayed put.

"Zayn come on."

"Um, i have to use the loo, I'll see you guys tomorrow yeah?" He didn't wait for their response and walked into one of the stalls. He waited until he heard the main door open and close again before coming out. He walked over to Marcel and put a hand on his shoulder.

"P-please don't h-hurt me again, I'm s-sorry for existing." Zayn's heart broke. he knelt down in front of Marcel and gently removed his hands from his face.

"It's alright, I won't hurt you, I promise. I'm Zayn. I wasn't one of those guys that hurt you, you're safe with me." Now Marcel didn't know Zayn by any means but Zayn was being nice to him and Marcel had no one else so he grabbed Zayn and clinged on to his neck. Zayn just rubbed his back as he cried, not caring about Marcel's blood that was getting on his uniform. When Marcel had calmed down enough he allowed Zayn to clean up his cuts and walk him out to his car.

"Z-Zayn?" Marcel said as he got into the driver's seat.

"Yeah?"

"T-thank you for helping me, it means a lot. You're the first person to ever do that for me." Zayn smiled.

"That's what mates are for Marcel." Zayn got out a piece of paper and wrote his number on it.

"Text me sometime yeah?" He said as he handed it to Marcel. Marcel took it and smiled.

"I will. Again thank you Zayn." Zayn just nodded and watched as Marcel drove off.

That's the second chapter for this fic. Thank you so much for the support on this story already <3 and please keep commenting prompts. :) Thank you to MG33Haz for this prompt. I loved writing it.