I Can't Be Gay

Zayn may have been 16 and popular but he still had never dated anyone. He'd hadn't even had his first kiss yet. It wasn't like nobody wanted to date Zayn, there were so many girls that constantly flirted with him but he wasn't interested, he just figured they weren't his type. Lately, however, he had started to develop feelings for Marcel who he had been hanging out with more and more and that terrified him. He knew gays weren't received well at his school. One night last week when he was sleeping over at Marcel's he felt this overwhelming urge to kiss him so you know what he did? He left, he shouted at Marcel that something had come up at home. He had been avoiding him at school and ignoring his calls and texts. He missed Marcel but he couldn't be around him, he couldn't be gay.

Liam and Louis were cuddled on the couch watching a movie when they heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it love." Liam got up and opened the door.

"Marcel Hi. Come in,have a seat, we haven't seen you in awhile." Marcel walked in and sat on the couch.

"Is Zayn here?"

"Yeah he's in his room,he didn't know you were coming?"

"No, he hasn't spoken to me in a week. We were just laying down and all of a sudden he got up and said something came up at home. He's been avoiding me at school and he's ignoring all my messages and calls....I don't know what I did wrong." Liam and Louis felt horrible for the poor kid in the sweater vest. Marcel still dressed how he used to outside of school but in school he dressed like everyone else to fit in.

"Um, here's the remote Marcel, you can watch what you want okay? We'll be back, we're going to go talk to Zayn and find out what's going on." Marcel nodded.

"Thank You."

Liam and Louis walked up to Zayn's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in" They walked in and sat on opposite sides of Zayn's bed.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No. We just want to talk to you." Zayn nodded so Louis spoke up.

"Did something happen between you and Marcel? He's downstairs wondering why you've been avoiding him."

"He's downstairs?!!!No, papa I can't see him." Liam ran his fingers through Zayn's hair and spoke next.

"Why not? Are you mad at him?"

"No, quite the opposite, I've been having feelings for him so I've been pushing him away." Liam and Louis smiled.

"What's wrong with that?"

"That means I'm......gay." He whispered the word gay so quietly they almost didn't hear him.

"And do you think there's something wrong with that?"

"Of course not Papa but people at my school don't feel the same way. They make comments about you and Dad. I had to go out of my way just to fit in and prove I wasn't just the kid with two dads. I'm not ashamed of you at all but people are mean."

"You'll have to deal with people who are mean all your life Zayn. Some will find any reason to not like you so why avoid something that could make you happy just to try and impress other people? Your Papa and I dealt with homophobes for years and we still do sometimes but that doesn't stop us from being happy. Their comments don't make me miserable but what would make me miserable is if I married a woman instead of Louis to try and fit in to society's norms." Louis smiled and pecked Liam's lips quickly before they stood up.

"It's okay to be gay Zayn." Zayn nodded and got up and hugged them both.

"Thanks Dad, thanks Papa. Um can you send Marcel up here?"

"Sure. Remember do what makes you happy." Liam said before leaving with Louis.

A minute later Marcel carefully walked in the room and Zayn smiled at him.

"I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you mad but I miss you."

"Marce you didn't do anything, I'm sorry for ignoring you, I've missed you too. I was just scared."

"Scared of what Zayn?"

"....Of being gay."

"I don't understand."

"I like you Marcel, more than I should. Before you came around I thought the right girl just hadn't come yet. I've never even kissed anyone before. Then you came and I started having feelings for you and that terrified me because you're a boy but I realize now I wouldn't be happy if I tried to force myself with a girl." Marcel stood up and walked over to Zayn before sitting next to him. He grabbed Zayn's hand and gently turned Zayn's chin so he was looking at him.

"I like you too Zayn."

"You do?" Marcel nodded before speaking again.

"Can I be your first kiss?"

"Wouldn't want anyone else." Marcel leaned in and cupped Zayn's cheek before placing his lips on Zayn's. Zayn put his hand on the back of Marcel's neck and pulled him closer. They broke apart soon after.

"Marcel will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course." Then Marcel kissed him again.

Thank you to Zarryfuuckme for the prompt, this was one of my favorites. and Idontownemotionirent, fuck you...you got me addicted to Little Mix and I literally got no sleep last night.