The Boy Who Cried Injured

The past few days Liam and Louis have been busy with Marcel at the local courthouse finalizing the documents and everything needed for him to legally live permanently with the Paylinsons. The papers they signed in hospital were only temporary. It wasn't an adoption. Liam and Louis offered for it to be and while Marcel was extremely grateful, both him and Zayn decided that it would be too weird for them to legally be considered"brothers."

All the time spent at the court left Zayn babysitting Harry and Niall. Zayn was playing with Niall in the nursery, he was trying to teach him his colors and numbers. Harry was sitting next to them but neither of them were interacting with him and he felt left out. They acted as if he wasn't there. He wanted attention and he was going to get it. He got up and left the room without any one even noticing he was gone. He didn't know how he could get attention from Zayn. He was so busy thinking that he didn't see the sock on the floor, he tripped a bit but was able to balance himself. That's it! He'd fake getting hurt. Zayn would have to pay attention to him. He went down the stairs and laid at the bottom. He could cry on command so that's what he did.

"ZAYNIE!!!" He wailed. Zayn came running out of the nursery holding Niall. When he saw Harry he put Niall down and ran to Harry.

"Hazza are you okay what hurts?!"

"M-my leg." Harry pointed to his left leg and Zayn picked him up carefully and carried him to their dad and papa's room and laid him on the bed.

"Stay here okay Hazza? I'm going to go get some ice for your leg."Harry just sniffled and nodded. Zayn left, only leaving the door open a crack. As soon as he left Harry jumped out of bed and did a victory dance. He was finally getting attention. Zayn had the ice and was about to get his phone from the nursery to call his dad and papa when he heard stomping. He peaked in the room where Harry was and saw him jumping and dancing. Zayn thought he was actually hurt and Harry had worried him. Zayn put on an oblivious face and knocked on the door. He heard Harry jump back in bed,sniffle and let out a small sob, then say "Come in." Harry was good. Zayn pretended to trip, purposefully landing on Harry's right leg. Harry screamed out in "pain" and Zayn smirked.

"I thought you hurt your left leg?" Harry looked flustered.

"I uhh..don't know right an' left yet?"

"Harry that doesn't even make sense. Why did you lie about being hurt?"

"Only paying attention to Ni an' not me."

"Haz you could have just asked me to play, I didn't mean to ignore you. I was worried that you were actually hurt."

"M' sorry Zaynie."

"It's okay Haz now let's go play."

They played for about an hour before Niall got fussy and Zayn had to put all his attention on him again. Harry decided to wait downstairs while Zayn put Niall to bed. He was two steps down when he missed a step. He rolled down the rest of the stairs, landing on his arm at the bottom causing it to twist in an unnatural way. Harry screamed out in pain.

"ZAYNIE!" He sobbed. Zayn didn't come. He called Zayn for five minutes until he finally came. Harry was in almost unbearable pain. When Zayn saw Harry he rolled his eyes.

"Harry shh Ni's asleep, you have my attention now you don't need to fake an injury." But Harry kept sobbing and Zayn got annoyed.

"HARRY CUT IT OUT!" Harry wasn't even registering Zayn's voice. Zayn walked downstairs ready to put Harry in timeout but that's when he noticed the unnatural position his arm was in. He also saw the bruise forming at his elbow.

"Shit Harry I'm sorry I yelled at you." He tried to pick up Harry but he screamed bloody murder and began sobbing harder. Zayn was scared, nothing had ever happened when he was babysitting before. He grabbed his phone and called his dad who didn't answer. So he called his papa who answered on the third ring.

"Zayn I hope this is important, I'm keeping the judge waiting."

"P-papa I don't know what to do! Harry fell down the stairs and his arm is twisted the complete other way around and when I tried to move him he let out the loudest scream I've ever heard from him."

"Okay just stay there. We're coming right now. Give him Tylenol to ease the pain but other than that don't touch him. Don't try to move him." Zayn just said okay then hung up. Liam and Louis arrived home with Marcel while Liam lifted Harry as he screamed in pain.

Louis, Liam, and Harry arrived home two hours later and Harry had a bright pink sparkly cast on his arm that he happily bragged he picked himself. Louis told them it was broken in two places and he had to have his shoulder popped back in and that he had to wear it for 6 weeks. Zayn apologized a million times but his dads assured him it wasn't his fault. Also, Harry learned not to lie because then if it really happened people might not believe him right away.

Thank you to @Let_Zarry_be for the prompt. :) I'm going to be at Disneyland again all day tomorrow. so I won't update at all, I'll be there for 17 hours. I'll try to get at least one more prompt out tonight.