Closure

"Go inside babe I'll be there in a minute I'm just going to get the mail."

Marcel nodded and pecked Zayn's lips before going inside. Zayn opened the mailbox and pulled out the mail looking through it. It was all the usual stuff: bills, work mail for Liam, and junk but there was one letter at the bottom addressed to him from someone by the name of Sophia Smith. Zayn had heard this name before but he wasn't sure who she was. Still, part of him felt the need to keep this letter to himself as if Liam and Louis wouldn't want him having it. He tucked it into his pocket and then carried the rest of the mail into the house handing it to Louis.

"Anything interesting?"

"Nah just bills and work stuff for dad."

"Oh alright, do you want lunch? Marcel, Harry, and Niall are eating." Zayn was hungry but he was anxious to open the letter.

"No thanks papa, I'll eat later I have a lot of homework to do." Louis just nodded and kissed Zayn's cheek. Zayn rushed upstairs and went into his and Marcel's room, locking the door. He pulled out the letter and opened it.

Zayn,

This is my final attempt at trying to contact you. Hopefully you get this letter before your fathers get it. I've written you many letters before but they always got them and contacted me saying you were better off without me. They have a point, when I was pregnant with you I was addicted to drugs, drinking, and partying. I stopped during the pregnancy because I'd never want to hurt you but I started again right after I gave birth. I'm glad Liam and Louis got full custody of you, they've done a great job. I definitely wasn't  fit to be a mother back then. I'm not just contacting you randomly, I have a reason. All my years of partying have finally caught up to me, I have chronic liver failure and I only have about 3 weeks left to live. When I'm going, you're all that will be left of me. The only thing I want is to be able to meet you once. I don't want to die without seeing you with my own two eyes. When you were born they took you away from me before I could even get a glance at you. I understand if you don't want to see me, I don't deserve it but just in case you're willing to give me a chance here's my number.

679-980-0665

Love Always,

Sophia (Mum)

Zayn knew his fathers wouldn't approve of what he was about to do especially since they apparently deferred all her previous letters. He wanted to know who his mother was though and he was determined to meet her so he pulled out his phone and called the number.

"Hello?'

"Hello? Who's this?" Zayn froze, her voice sounded so silky smooth and delicate yet it held a hint of sadness.

"M-mum? Is that you?" He heard a gasp from the other line.

"Z-zayn? Oh my god. You actually got my letter?"

"Yeah. I...I want to meet you."

"Really? That's great! Did your fathers give you a date that would work?"

"Um....I actually didn't, they don't know...I got the letter before they even saw it."

"Zayn, I don't think you should keep this from them. They are your parents after all. Please promise me you'll talk to them about this."

"Why can't we just meet up? I want to meet you."

"I don't want you going behind their backs just for me. Look, just ask them and if they say no then we can at least set up a skype call and you won't have to tell them about it." Zayn just nodded.