I'm Leaving

It had been three weeks since Zayn got out of the hospital and he was now back in school. Recently Liam had been working everyday almost all day, leaving Louis alone with Harry and Niall, seeing as most of the time Marcel and Zayn were gone. Harry was hard to handle by himself and with Niall there too, Louis was about ready to pull all his hair out. Niall was teething again and he was fussy all the time and Harry still had a broken arm and he was using it against Louis. Whenever he got mad he'd bang his cast against a wall or table trying to cause himself more harm which was something new for Harry and it worried Louis. Louis was currently trying to calm Harry who was throwing a tantrum and biting himself so hard that he broke the skin and he was bleeding. Louis finally gripped Harry so he couldn't move and Harry slowly calmed down. Harry was regressing for some reason. He had been meeting with his therapist Caspar, Joe's husband, weekly but he was only showing signs of a downward spiral and no one knew what to do. Niall was in the corner crying which is what Louis also felt like doing right now. The phone rang and Louis answered it while still holding Harry.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Paylinson? This is Nick Grimshaw, Zayn's maths teacher."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is great, parent teacher conferences are coming up and I'm just making sure that you're still coming for your scheduled time tomorrow at 3?"

"Yes I'll be there. Thank you for calling Nick."

Louis hung up and saw that Harry had fallen asleep so he took him upstairs and put him to bed and then picked up Niall and gave him a dummy that had been in the freezer to help him soothe his gums. Louis looked at the clock and sighed. Liam should have been home an hour ago. Speaking of Liam, he walked in the house of that exact moment.

"Liam where were you?! You should have been home an hour ago!! I've been struggling with these kids all day and I'm exhausted and frustrated and I needed you!"

"Babe I'm sorry but I had an important meeting with Simon and he offered me head of another record company he's starting and I'll be gone multiple weeks at a time but it has great pay, I'll be making about 2 million a year so I took it."

"....you took it?"

"Why wouldn't I? They pay raise is significant and it's an opportunity for me to finally do what I've also wanted to do."

"Liam I'm happy for you but why didn't you talk to me first? It's hard for me as it is handling Harry and Niall for the hours that you're gone but weeks?! I can't do that. We don't even need the money Liam, you're already making 1.5 million a year and we don't even use three quarters of it. You know I don't want the kids living in luxury that's why we live in this decent house in a family neighborhood, it's why we drive a mini van and a small Honda. Liam I need you here."

"I already said yes, I'll hire a nanny to help you out." Louis looked away as a tear slipped out.

"If I wanted a nanny helping me raise my kids I would have married one." He said quietly as he went upstairs into their room and locked the door. Liam sighed but just went to the family room and switched on the telly.

Louis was sitting in Mr. Grimshaw's room. He had been waiting for Liam, who promised he'd be here, for the past thirty minutes.

"I'm sorry Nick, he said he was coming."

"It's alright, let's get started. Anyway I decided to kill two birds with one stone so you don't have to come back. Both Zayn and Marcel are great to have in class, they always do their homework and never get in trouble, they're very polite as well. There is one big difference between them though. Marcel turns the homework in correctly done, Zayn's on the other hand doesn't even remotely make sense. At first I thought maybe he was just being lazy with his homework because that's how outrageous the answers are but I sat him down and gave him a test and asked him to show the work and....well I should probably show you." Mr. Grimshaw pulled a test out with Zayn's name on it and handed it to Louis. Louis looked over the first problem.