Full House Extra 2

Niall:2

Harry:13

"Li we've literally been changing nappies for the past 8 years, ever since Harry got here and before that we changed Zayn's nappies for three years. I'm tired of changing so many." Louis said as he and Liam laid in bed, it was early Saturday morning and none of the kids were awake yet.

"I know, I'm tired of it too but you know we can't potty train Harry, we've tried so many times and even Joe told us at his last check up that he'd most likely be in nappies all his life."

"I know, but we can potty train Ni."

"Lou are you sure? He just turned two last week...I don't know if he's ready for that."

"It wouldn't hurt to try."

"Okay, we'll start today. Now let's just relax and watch the telly before the kids wake up." As soon as Liam said that they heard a cry come from the baby monitor in Harry's room.

"Well that was nice while it lasted." Louis said sarcastically as he got up to go get Harry. Liam got up as well.

"I'll go wake up Niall, I'm going to let Zayn sleep in because he was up late last night getting all his homework for the weekend done." Louis nodded and pecked Liam's lips quickly before going to Harry's room. The small boy was laying down, crying silently now as tears fell down his face. Louis cooed and picked him up, cradling him in his arms.

"What's wrong baby?" Harry just continued crying and buried himself in Louis' chest just as expected, Harry didn't communicate much in the mornings. Louis felt that Harry's nappy was soaked and extremely heavy so he put him on his changing table and unsnapped his Princess onesie before changing his nappy. As soon as Louis put the new one on, Harry stopped crying.

"Is that what you needed baby?" Louis cooed as he picked him up, placing him back on his hip. Louis internally sighed. Harry was 13 but looked like a four year old and required the attention of someone even younger, it was like he and Liam had a permanent baby. Louis did enjoy it, especially with Niall becoming more and more independent each day, however it could get frustrating and he just wished Harry could have a normal life. He felt bad for Harry, he wondered about everything that went through Harry's head, did he realize he wasn't supposed to develop this way? Louis thoughts were cut off as Harry pulled at his hair.

"Papa!" Harry squealed. Louis smiled and tickled him as Harry giggled. He carried Harry downstairs to see Liam already serving Niall some eggs and bacon. Louis put Harry in his high chair as Liam put a plate in front of him and kissed his forehead.

"Good morning baby."

"Morning Dada." They ate their breakfast and then the boys ran off to go play but Louis stopped Niall and pulled him back.

"Papa nooooo!!!" Niall squealed.

"Baby, we're going to teach you how to use the big boy potty yeah?" Niall just teared up and shook his head, trying to get away.

"Noooo" he wailed. "Don' wanna"

"It's not so bad bug." Liam said.

"No..Harry doesn't haff to so me no haff to! Me like nappies!" He said, stomping his tiny foot. Louis looked at Liam and sighed as he picked Niall up and took him into the family room and sat on the couch with Niall in his lap. Liam came in and sat down too as he half listened to Louis and half watched over Harry as he played on the floor.

"Bug, I know it's hard to understand but Harry needs nappies-"

"Me need nappy too! no wanna be big boy!"

"No bug, you have to be a big boy. Harry can't wear big boy underwear because it's too hard for him so we need you to do it. We'll even get you some Finding Nemo underwear." That sparked Niall's interest and he nodded enthusiastically.

"Thank you bug. Do you need to use the potty now?" Niall thought about it and nodded. Louis took his hand and walked him over to the loo and pulled out the plastic Cars toilet that they had bought when they tried potty training Harry. Niall pulled off his nappy and sat on the potty staring straight ahead, tapping his foot. Louis sat on the edge of the tub and scrolled through his phone when all of a sudden he heard something hitting the plastic toilet. He looked up and smiled at Niall who was beaming with happiness.

"M' doin it papa! Me big boy!"

"You are! good job bug!" Niall finished and Louis helped him wipe and wash his hands, throwing the old nappy in the trash.

"We'll go to the shops later and get you Finding Nemo underwear but right now you have to wear the ones we have here okay?" Niall nodded and Louis led him to Harry's room and went through the underwear they had bought for him when they thought he could be potty trained. Due to Harry's interests and personality most of them were pink or Disney princess related but Louis finally found some Mickey Mouse briefs at the bottom of the drawer. He helped Niall put them on and Niall smiled and ran downstairs to show Liam.

"Dada look! Me big boy, me wee'd in the toilet!"

"You did?! good job bug, I'm so proud of you!" Liam kissed his cheek. "Go play with Harry now baby, and remember to tell me or Papa if you need to go potty." Niall just nodded and ran off to play. Louis came in and sat down next to Liam.

"It actually worked Li." he smiled. Liam just smiled back and pecked Louis' lips quickly as they both watched the kids play.

This prompt was cute, thank you to Whatafeeling5.

QOTC:What are five things you like about yourself?