It Hurts

Zayn woke up with a crippling pain in his stomach, particularly on the right side. He decided to just try and ignore though and just go through his day. However, when he got out of bed a wave of nausea hit him and he ran to the toilet and threw up, it was the most painful thing he had ever experienced. He heard a knock on the door.

"Babe are you alright? Did you just get sick?" Zayn didn't want to worry Marcel.

"I'm fine and no I didn't get sick, I was just coughing, I choked on my saliva by accident." Marcel just replied with and "Okay" then walked away. They had school today and Zayn's plan was to just get through the school day then he could come home and say he was exhausted and just go back to bed.

He hobbled downstairs, taking a bit longer due to the pain but before he entered the kitchen he straightened up and walked in like everything was okay so his dad and papa wouldn't notice.  Zayn didn't even want to bother Marcel with this so he definitely didn't want to bother his dad and papa, they had enough going on right now, they didn't need to worry about him too. He had noticed a lot of tension going on in between them lately and he didn't want to give them anymore problems. As soon as he sat down though, they both looked at him in concern.

"Are you okay love? You look pale." Louis asked.

"M' fine papa, just really tired. I'll take a nap when I come home though." They both looked at him in  concern but hesitantly nodded.

"Okay well I made bacon and sausage and I served you a plate." Liam said, putting the plate in front of Zayn. The smell made him want to gag but he refrained. He really didn't want to eat because his stomach was in so much pain but he had to pretend like he was okay so he ate everything on his plate, trying not to gag  or pay attention to the sharp pains. When he was done he and Marcel got in the car and took off to school.

"Babe are you sure you're okay? You don't look too well." They were in the middle of their maths lesson and Zayn didn't know how much longer he could make it.

"M' fine babe." He said. Marcel just continued to look at Zayn in concern. All of a sudden Zayn felt a turning in his stomach and he knew he was going to be sick. He looked at Mr. Grimshaw who was focused  on grading so he knew he wouldn't be able to get his attention. Zayn couldn't hold it much longer so he jumped out of his seat and ran out the room only to start throwing up into a bin outside the classroom. From his desk, Mr. Grimshaw could see what was happening so he got up and went to comfort Zayn by rubbing his back.

"Zayn I'm going to have to call your fathers okay?" Mr. Grimshaw quietly said. Zayn didn't want to bother his dad and papa but he knew he didn't have a choice plus he really wanted to be cuddled by one of them right now so he shyly nodded. Mr. Grimshaw told Zayn he'd be right back and he went back in the room to give the class an assignment and to call Liam and Louis.

When Liam got the call, he told Louis and Louis told him he'd stay with Harry and Niall while Liam went to pick up Zayn. Liam got his keys and began the drive to the school. He knew Zayn was ill but of course Zayn was being stubborn about it. He got to the school and signed Zayn out, taking him to the car. About halfway home Zayn got a sharp, stabbing pain on the right side of his stomach again and it was so bad he cried out in pain. Liam stopped the car and opened the back door where Zayn was sprawled out in the back sobbing.

"What's wrong Zee? What hurts?" Liam was worried, he'd never seen Zayn openly show he was in pain. Zayn just let out another sob and pointed to his right side and that's when it all clicked for Liam. He jumped back in the driver's seat and turned the car around heading the opposite direction towards the ER. He called Louis.

"Babe? Are you on your way home with Zayn?"

"No, I'm taking him to the ER, I'm 99% sure he has appendicitis."

"Shit, okay I don't have time to ask Leigh Anne to babysit so I'm getting the kids ready now, we'll meet you there." Liam agreed then hung up, arriving at the ER. He picked a sobbing Zayn up and ran inside with him.

"Help I think he has appendicitis!"  A team of nurses and doctors instantly took Zayn from Liam and began inserting IVs and other wires and running small tests.

"He's moments away from it bursting, I don't understand how he's managed this long, he should've been in immense pain for hours now, we're taking him back to operate immediately." Liam knew Zayn had been hiding the pain all day, he saw it on his face this morning. His poor baby. He kissed Zayn's forehead before they wheeled him back to the operating room.

Louis ran in minutes later.

"Where is he? Is he okay?!"

"He's in surgery right now, they said he had to have been in immense pain all day because it was moments away from bursting. I can't believe he hid it from us."

"My poor baby." Liam just held Louis. An hour later and Marcel was there too. A doctor came into the room.

"Zayn Paylinson?" They all stood up.

"He's lucky he came in when he did or it could have been fatal, the second we removed his appendix, it burst. He's okay now though and he's in the recovery room asking to see you all so just follow me." They all thanked the doctor and went into Zayn's room, hugging and kissing him one by one.

"Zee how come you didn't tell me or papa?"

"Didn't wanna bother you." Zayn shrugged.

"Baby that would never bother us, we want to know when one of you doesn't feel well so we can help. We love you." Louis said.

Zayn smiled.

"I love you too."

Thank you to @RandiMccray for the prompt. I'll be working on all the other prompts I have now too since I was gone all day yesterday. :)