Zayn, Why?

It was obvious that Justin, Michael, and Luke were horrible people and Zayn wanted nothing to do with them but he still had this burning desire to be popular and to fit in. He was currently out for a walk at the park when he saw this group of boys from his school standing around smoking. They were popular but they weren't bullies. Zayn liked that, he didn't know why they were popular but he didn't really care, popularity was popularity. One of the boys, Ashton, spotted Zayn and motioned him over, Zayn went over to them.

"Hey you're that kid that beat the shit out of Justin right? What's your name" Another boy Zayn knew as Calum asked.

"Zayn and Um.. yeah, he beat up my boyfriend." He was prepared for their judgement but it never came. Another boy named Shawn spoke next.

"That's cool that you stick up for him and that you don't take anyone's shit for being gay." Zayn smiled, he felt like he could fit in here, until Ashton spoke again.

"Want a hit?" Zayn had never smoked anything before but these boys were popular and he wanted to fit in so badly so he took the joint and put it to his lips, inhaling deeply. He immediately started coughing.

"Sorry, it's been awhile." He lied.

An hour later and Zayn was so stoned he couldn't remember his own name. He said bye to the boys and began walking home, it took him an hour to get home even though it was only a five minute walk because he kept getting lost. At one point he even walked into  a trash can and said "I'm home."

When he entered his house after standing at the front door for ten minutes admiring how shiny his keys were, he saw Louis and his brothers sitting on the couch watching some kid show. He began walking up to his room and was right outside his door when Liam walked out of the loo.

"Zayn? What took you so long?" Zayn turned around to face Liam and Liam instantly took note of his bright red, glazed over eyes, dazed and confused look, and the strong stench of weed radiating from his body. Liam was furious. He grabbed Zayn by the back of his neck and began dragging him down the stairs, Zayn was too baked to even register what was going on.

"Dad that tickles" he giggled. Liam entered the living room.

"Harry, Niall, go to the play room, me and Papa need to talk to Zayn." They immediately obeyed and as soon as they were gone Liam lost it.

"FIRST YOU GET ARRESTED AND NOW YOU COME HOME FUCKING HIGH?! WHAT'S NEXT ZAYN?! YOU WANNA COME HOME DRUNK TOO?! WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU?! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID?! DON'T YOU HAVE A FUCKING BRAIN?!"

Louis was furious too but he knew he needed to stay calm for Zayn, especially with him in this state.

"Liam please, he's probably not even registering what you're saying right now. Let's just let him go to bed and we'll talk to him again in the morning okay?" Liam just sighed but went along with Louis' suggestion. He took him upstairs and tucked him into bed then leaving the room.

      Okay there will be a part 2 to this. It would have been longer but my mum is making me do chores :/ I'll do the second part when I'm done.