Reality Sucks

Days went by. Marcel told Liam, Louis, and Zayn that the man who raped Zayn was uncle. He kept apologizing over and over but they reassured him none of it was his fault. The police were able to find Marcel's uncle and he was now in jail along with Marcel's father and mother. Zayn had gone to doctor and they had to do a little bit of reconstruction on his bum because Marcel's uncle had torn a few things. They also tested Zayn for any STDs but luckily they all came back negative. Zayn had also begun meeting with Caspar to help him slowly learn to cope with what happened and to help him realize that none of this was his fault and he couldn't have done anything to prevent it. He still felt worthless and disgusting but he had only had a few sessions so there was still a long way to go.

Zayn and Marcel were currently at school, Louis offered to let Zayn stay home like he had been doing the past few days but Zayn declined saying he wanted to go to school to take his mind off of what happened for awhile. Liam had taken off the week from work so he could sort out all the legal issues with Zayn and to be there to support him at his doctor and therapy appointments. With Zayn and Marcel finally back at school that left Liam and Louis home with just Harry and Niall. Niall seemed to sense that thing weren't okay in the house because he was being even more well behaved than usual. He had cleaned up after himself and never bothered his dads to play with him and things like that. He was pretty much silent, just playing nicely by himself or watching the telly.

Liam was on the phone with another police discussing the details of what John, Marcel's uncle, would be receiving. He had 50 years in jail with no chance of Parole. There wouldn't be a court date or anything because John being the bastard he was, proudly admitted to raping Zayn. Louis went upstairs to check on Harry who he had put down for a nap about an hour ago. When he went in the room he saw Harry sitting in the corner of his crib, talking to the wall quietly.

"You mean...no, can't, can't kill Ni." Louis was absolutely mortified, what if Harry gave into the voice? He went closer and gasped, surrounding Harry were small chunks of his hair and when he looked at Harry, he noticed tiny, barely noticeable bald spot on his head, he also some hair still in his hands. Louis picked Harry up who began thrashing around and swinging at Louis.

"Put down! He kill you too, He wants kill Ni!" Louis had to basically tackle Harry to the floor as he was still thrashing about and he had begun biting himself, immediately ripping a piece of flesh off. Louis held Harry on the floor and covered his eyes with his hand, this always seemed to calm Harry and Louis assumed it was because he could no longer see the hallucinations that were in front of him. Once Harry was calm Louis quickly changed his nappy and put a onesie on him that buttoned at the bottom. Louis and Liam have had to make many changes involving Harry and their everyday lifestyle. They had started having to put Harry in only things with buttons because Harry couldn't figure out how to get it off. They had begun doing this after Liam walked in on Harry choking himself with his shirt one day. They had also had to put mittens on his hands to keep him from scratching and pinching himself. They put gates at the top and bottom of the stairs and foam padded all the walls and tables and anywhere Harry could bang his head against. Their house had started to look like a giant bounce house. The one problem they couldn't really solve was the biting. Dr. Sugg had said that a lot of parents with schizophrenic children had their childrens' teeth extracted to prevent it but Louis shot that idea down right away, he wasn't going to do that to Harry.

Late that night after putting the kids to bed Louis went to his room and immediately fell asleep, he was absolutely knackered. Liam sat there and gently carded his hands through Louis' hair, watching him sleep. Even when he slept he still had a look of worry on his face. All of a sudden Louis began to whimper in his sleep. Liam shook Louis gently until he woke up. Louis opened his eyes and immediately his blue eyes pooled with tears. Liam pulled his small husband into his chest.

"What's wrong my love?"

"I had a horrible nightmare that Harry hurt Niall and himself really badly and they didn't make it and then Zayn never learned to cope with what happened and so he committed and.." Louis broke down into violent sobs. Liam pulled him closer and rocked him as if he was a child.

"Liam I'm such a horrible father. Zayn was raped and I didn't even know until weeks later and now I don't know how to help him, Harry needs this constant care which I try to give him but somehow he still ends up hurting himself and he doesn't deserve any of this, he's such a sweet little boy and he deserves to be happy after the shit life he had as a young child but now he has to deal with this horrible disorder and I can't believe I didn't notice until it progressed to this. Then poor Niall, he's been left in the shadows because all my attention has been going to Zayn or Harry. Niall sits by himself for hours and just plays quietly, yesterday I even caught him trying to pour cereal for himself. He's basically starting to raise himself."

"You are an amazing father babe, never think otherwise. We're going through a really hard time right now and we're doing our best to keep an order in this house. We'll continue to deal with things day to day. You've been doing a great job with the kids, there's only one of us each so it's hard to do everything at once but you still manage. We'll get through this together. I called Simon earlier and explained a little bit of what's happening and he gave me four months off, paid. I'll be here all the time now for those next few months. We can get through this. I didn't marry you and start a family with you just to give up when things got tough. Everything will be okay again one day. I love you Lou."

"I love you too Li."

Amongst all the angst I felt like we needed at least one happyish moment and Fangirl4ever21 suggested that Louis have a nightmare and Liam comforts him and I thought that fit in well here.

QOTC: What do you want to see happen next? I might use some of your ideas as long as it somewhat follows the current storyline. Also, what are some good 1D fan fictions on here? I've run out of fics to read. I don't read heterosexual fics (I strictly and religiously read gay fanfiction xD) but I'll read any bromance between the boys.