Chapter 3: Paying for another's crime...gladly (edited)

PLAY VIDEO ON THE RIGHT>>>

The corridor went silent as all eyes fell on me. Everyone in the hall gasped, even Jillian and Angela. They both looked at me like I lost my mind. Some part of me kind of thought I did. The crying girl on the floor even stopped immediately after I said it. I know I wasn't supposed to make trouble for myself but I just couldn't watch them drag her off like a dead deer.

Everyone--I mean everyone--darted there eyes back and forth between me and Keegan. I don't know what's going to happen but they said three strike and you're out. This would only be my first, so it couldn't be that bad, right?

Keegan and the guys standing behind him, who I presumed to be his "posy" or "goon", all smiled at me. It was like an isolated action, me against them. Right now I wasn't seeing anyone else but them. What's going to happen to me?

"Are you stupid? Why would you take her punishment?" Keegan let go of Caroline and walked towards me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me forward away from everyone else. His fingernails were making sharp, slightly painful imprints in my arm and I flinched.

"T-three strikes and you're out, right?" I stuttered while I looked at him wide eyed. I still hadn't forgotten about this morning. I swallowed as I remember his hand hand around my throat, taking the life out of my. "Well this would be my first strike s-so I'll be okay," I said to reassure myself more than anything.

"Well Caroline, I guess you've got yourself another chance," Keegan turned and said loudly. The hall was still silent so I didn't understand why he was so loud.  "I suggest you don't screw it up. Next time I won't be so generous. I won't let another girl pay for your crimes."

"Mason no!" Jillian cried out behind me. I glanced at her then back at Keegan as his finger dug even deep groves into my arm.

"Shut up, skank," Keegan points to her and she immediately quiets. I know that I am not in the position to get angry or to try an retaliate but that comment was uncalled for. I wanted to killed him and to make him feel the way I felt when he was chocking me. I wanted to make him feel like shit. He's nothing but a rapist and a savage. My fangs protruded and my tongue involuntarily flick across my bottom lip.

"It's okay, I'll be fine," I said through clenched teeth. Keegan jerked me forward and down the corridor. All I could hear were the sound of their boots thudding against the floor. Now I was on my own. I didn't say anything because I was afraid that they would hear me stutter.

The only good thing to come out of this heroic act was that I didn't have to go to my last three classes. In my mind I kept saying to my self that they couldn't do much to me, I am supposed to be auctioned. However the more I thought about it, the more worried I got. They could beat the shit out of me, werewolves healed fast.

My heart felt like it was going to burst through my chest. Where were they taking me? Six guys take one girl to a secluded place. It isn't hard to figure out what they might do. I stiffened at the thought of any of them touching me. My back became rigid and I started walking stiffly. Caroline, whoever you are, you so owe me one.

My feet scuffed against the floor as Keegan pushed me forward because of my slowness. "Walk fast!" he ordered.

We stop in front of a door and Keegan turned me around to face him. My body turned stiffly as I waited for what was to come.

"Okay, since you like to be punished, that's just what we're going to do," Keegan shoved me into a room with him and his friends. There were no bed and no window, but there were chains and a ...water hose? What are they planning? The suspense was making me go insane. He shoved me and I tripped and fell to my knees. "Mac, chain her up," Keegan said as he looked down at me.