Chapter 32: Too Young (edited)

“This dress should fit you nicely,” Talia smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. “This is a strapless dress so try not to do anything too strenuous, like trying to escape again.” I ignored her and stood in front of the floor length mirror and just stared at myself. The dress did fit nicely and I was even like the gloves, but it didn't feel like me.

Nothing in this place felt like me. I wasn't ready for this dinner. It was cruel of Henry to make me go in my state. I thought of all the ways I could embarrass him in front of his family and colleagues. I thought of hitting him where it really hurt, but nothing could fully make him feel the way I do right now.

Knock...knock...knock

“I'll get it,” Talia said. I wished it was Myles who was on the other side of the door. Instead it was him, Henry.

“Talia, leave us alone for a minute,” he smile at me and it made my skin crawl.

“But...”

“Talia!”

“Y-yes sir,” she bowed her head and left the room. She left me with him. Great! If he said one more fucked up thing out of his mouth about my appearance, I was going to kill him.

“Your looking quite nice,” Henry encircled me. “Talia can do wonders, can't she?”

“Uh, yeah,” I gave him a fake smile that hurt my cheeks. “She sure can.”

“You look amazing compared to your usual garbs,” he encircled me again. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “I do not doubt that now my son will not hesitate to take you. I'll have my grandchildren in no time,” he placed both of his hands on my shoulders, making me flinch. His reflection stared back at me in the mirror. At that moment, he truly did look like an animal. I thought he might devour me at any second. “Let's hope he takes you after the dinner tomorrow, huh?” He ran a hand from my collar down to my elbow. I didn't like him touching me. It didn't feel right. He has no right to touch me. “I'm sure that if my son looses interest in you, I'll surely take you as my own.”

I froze after he said that. What did he mean when he said that? My heart started beating faster and faster. I was finding it hard to stand. He couldn't do that to me. I won't allow it. I'm sure Myles wouldn't allow it, right?

“Well then, I will see you later. Dinner will be in a few hours. I expect to see you and Myles there. Maybe we can talk tonight, huh? Last night, you and Myles, didn't say much,” he gave me one last smile before leaving and closing the door behind him.

I stared into the mirror again angrily. I started pulling and yanking the dress and the gloves off. I wasn't easy considering that my arms were still blistered and reddish. Once the dress and gloves were in a pile on the floor, I kicked it.

“I like you better this way,” Myles said. My cheeks grew red and I quickly covered my chest.

“Get out Myles!” I screamed.

“Why?” he chuckled. “Please continue with the taking off your clothes part.”

“Ugh!” I picked up the dress it wrapped it around my body as best as I could. He's such a pervert. I didn't even here him come in. I swear it's like he came in with the wind. “How did you get in here?”

“I used the door,” he furrowed his brow, “like people normally do.”

“Can you please leave until,” I paused, “I'm clothed?”

“Sure,” he frowned then turned around. “There's no way I'm actually leaving the room, but I will give you your privacy.”

I did not trust him not to look. I ran to the bed, wear I a pile of clothe were. I slipped on some black shorts, a bra and a white tank top.