Chapter 22: The Auction (edited)

A bright flashing light invaded my eyesight, “Noah?” I called. “Noah?!”

“Well, it’s your lucky day. You’re being auctioned today,” Keegan’s voice startled me into opening my eyes wider. He was positioned on top of me with a needle in his hand. “Now stay still, this will help you to relax. We want you to be perfect for your mate.”

“No!” I screamed and knocked the needle out of his hand.

He cursed then got off of me. He took a hand full of my hair and tugged me with him. I tried to stay planted to one spot but the grip he had on my hair was tightening. “Don’t make this difficult.”

“Get off of me!” I shouted and pounded my fist against his arm and shoulder. There was only so much I could do with my injuries. They still hadn’t fully healed and I still couldn’t use one of my arms.

“Enough!” he backhanded me and I fell to the floor. “I don’t have time for this. Stand up!” he order and I crawled back to the bed. “Come here.”

I shook my head ‘no’ and he growled as he walked towards me. I looked around the room. I was looking for something I could use to defend myself. He was coming fast and I had to hurry, then I thought about the wrench. I still had it from the last time I used it on him. I had hid it under my bed. I reached for it with my good arm, but as soon as my fingers touched it, Keegan started pulling me up by my hair. I reached for the wrench as long as I could before he held me up by my hair.

I swung the wrench back and got him in the eye. He dropped me and cursed, “You bitch! My eye!” I turned to see blood streaming down his eye and cheek. I took that opportunity to get up and run to the door.

I swung the door open and tried to run down the hall but as soon as I passed the door frame he yanked my hair and I flew backwards in the room. A slight ringing in my ears erupted and I felt lightheaded. I turned on my stomach and tried to scuffle away but he pounced on me, knocking the air from my lungs.

“No!” I kicked and screamed for him to let me go. At this point he had me pinned to the ground on my stomach. In the next instant I felt a slight pinch of the needle and it was over. I relaxed as my vision blurred and the room started spinning.

“You'll be so happy,” Keegan was laughing as he got off of me. He picked me up and threw me on the bed. Just the force of it knocked the wind out of me and made the room spin even more. I rolled to my side and used one hand to clutch a side of my head trying to control the spinning. Keegan rolled me back on my back. His hands were touching me and the last thing I remembered was him taking off my clothes before I fainted.

*

*

I woke up still in a daze. I was sitting propped up against a wall in a line full of girls. I was only in my underwear and bra. I quickly pulled my knees to my chest to hide what decency I had left. I looked around and noticed that I wasn’t the only one sporting a bra and underwear, all of us were. I knew why I was in line. This was it. This was the day I get sold.

“Next twelve for!” an unfamiliar woman called out. “I need all of the girls to stand in a straight line when they enter the room.” I tried to get up but my legs were too shaky. As the line grew short, I sat there as girls walked pass me to wait behind those doors. Eventually it was only nine of us left; the dizziness in my head wouldn't subside. Keegan strolled next to me picked me up off the floor.

“Now you wouldn't want to miss your big day, would you?” he chuckled. I tried to jerk away from him but he had a death grip on my arm. “Stop struggling or you won’t be sold. Then you’ll have to stay with me.”