Chapter 33: The Dinner...Part 1 (edited)

“Talia, what are you doing coming out of his room?” I asked accusingly.

“Shhh,” she quickly walked up to me and covered my mouth. “Didn't anyone ever teach you how to hold your tongue? We are not friends Mason Faye. I do not have to answer to you.”

“Are you sleeping with him?” I asked ignoring her rant about us not being friends. It did hurt a bit, but it was the truth. We weren't friends. The first time we even met, she was scolding me. The second time she scolded me indirectly about running away, even though I don't remember it. It seems that we have an associates kind of relationship. I see her, she scold me, I leave.

This time I wasn't leaving. I stood there with my hand on my hips. I was a few inches taller than her so I tried to stare down at her menacingly. She didn't even blink.

“I have to go,” she stated.

“No!” I said as I step in front of her, blocking her way.

“Move,” she said calmly. I didn't. She tried to move pass me again, and again, I stood in her way. “Move!” she shouted and pushed me. I ended up falling flat on my butt looking up at her in shock. Yes, I was shocked, but not enough not to react. I pushed my self off the floor, ignoring the pain in my hands and feet and pushed her. She fell back and hit the wall.

“Don't ever push me like that again. I was just trying to help you, but it's not worth it.”

“I never said I needed help. Mind your own damn business,” she got up and stormed off. “Bitch!” I muttered under my breath.

I stormed back to my room...once I remember where it was. Unfortunately, I was still having trouble getting around this place. By the time I did get back to the room, my feet were screaming for me to sit down.

Once I got in the room, I saw Myles lying on my bed half naked. His shirt was off showing his well-defined abs and torso. What in the hell was he thinking?

“Why did you take your shirt off?” I asked as I closed the door behind me. I tried to look offended but it was hard when the only thing I was looking at was his chest.

“I was hot,” he sat up looking at me innocently.

“Then turn on the air. Your father is wealthy. He could afford air conditioning,” I said.

“Yeah but it make the room cold. I just want it cool,” he replied. “Besides I don't really like wearing shirts—clothes really.”

“I can see that,” my eyes involuntarily drifted down his torso. I shook my head trying to stay focused. “Go be naked in your own room,” I crossed my arms.

“I don't want to go to my room yet,” he admitted. I was about to comment on that, but then I thought about what Henry told me. I couldn't kick him out. I couldn't even be angry with him. I wanted to know if he knew. I wanted him to take the weight off my shoulders, but I knew that was too much to ask for.

“Are you staying the night?” I sighed. “I'm to tired to even try to kick you out tonight. I'm going to bed.”

“So your going to let me stay?” he looked at me skeptically.

“I don't care,” I peeled back some of the comforter and slid inside.

*

*

The next day...

“Get up!” Myles shouted in my ear. “It's twelve in the afternoon.”

“Then let me sleep,” I groaned, “I still have five hours before I have to get dressed.”

“Get up, it's time for lunch,” he shook me. Those were the magical words. I quickly got up and ran into the bathroom. The first thing I did was look at my arms and feet. The redness had gone down significantly, now it just look like I was recovering from getting sunburned. The pain was still their but decreasing with each day. I walked to the sink and washed my face. I took the comb and ran it through my hair a few time to get any knots out. I quickly finished then I came out and found something to wear, but first I had to kick Myles out.