Chapter 51: It's Over

I just want to thank everyone whose been with me through the beginning and all the new people who have came in. All of you gave me the confidence to keep writing and I truly want to thank all of you. This is the finaly chapter of Auctioned Mate book#1. I hope you enjoy and please comment.

**********************************************************************************

I remember a time when I was younger and my mom told me that I had an older brother. I was shocked. I didn't know what it was like to have a sibling so I really wanted to meet him. I was anticipating a time when we would meet until my mother told me that he had died a long time ago. I kept thinking, why would she tell me something like that. That was the first memory of death that I've ever had. I don't think I really understood my mother until now.

"Myles!" I scream as his body drop to the ground. Tears dripped from my eyes as my voice grew higher, "Myles!" He wasn't moving. I dropped Heir and I raced towards his deathly still body, but Henry caught me. He grabbed me and pulled me into him. "Get off of me!"

"You belong to me," he said in a throaty growl. "Let's him go. He's gone. He's nothing now but a bad dream."

"No!" I cried. "I said get off of me!" I jabbed him in the stomach with my elbow. "Myles?!" Forgetting the pain I was in, I ran to him. Blood was pooling around his body. I was afraid that he was...I can't even say it. I dropped to my knees and hovered above him. "Open your eyes."

They didn't open. I knew it was over when I saw the gunshot wound to his chest. He wasn't breathing or moving. I lost him. I lost my first love. The pain of this experience this was too much for me to handle. My wolf was crying. So when my wolf wanted to take over again, I let her. I didn't want to go through this anymore.

"It's you. It's always been you," I sobbed. "I love you Myles, you can't die on me. I need you." I placed my head on his chest listening for a heartbeat, but I heard nothing. I brought my hand up to his mouth and felt no breathing. This couldn't be happening. I lost everyone now.

"Myles," I called. I wanted him to wake up and tell me that it was all a joke and that he was going to be okay. I wanted him to tell me that he loved me and he wants to take me away and marry me. I wanted him to kiss me and make my heart skip like he always did. I just...I just wanted him back.

"Mason Faye, come stand by me. I am your mate now," Henry limped towards me. His gun hung limp in his hand. It was like he didn't even see Myles. "Come here." I don't know how I was able to know what was going on, I clocked out. My wolf took over. I don't understand how I was still seeing and hearing all of this.

I was too distracted by this that I didn't see the other two people behind me. They both tried to grabbed me until I made an attempt to claw at them. They didn't even flinch.

"You killed him!" I turned to yell at Henry. "He was your son!" I was now back in control. I don't understand what going on exactly but I think my wolf wanted me to take charge. She was ready for me to stop using her as a shield.

"He isn't my real son. He's been nothing but useless and a nuisance. This way is better for all of us. I have on less mouth to feed. You become obedient soon enough. Myles was too soft on you. I'll change that."

"You think you can tame me?" I scowled. "I almost ran away from the academy, escaped death six times, and pissed off some very high officials. I doubt you'll be able to tame me, not that I'll give you the chance anyways."

He chuckled, "Tie her up and put her in the van out back. I don't have time for this. Gather the other Council members and get rid of," he glanced at Myles, "that body."

"No!" I shouted at the two men advancing behind me. I was not going to be caged up again like at the academy or forced to be with a man you paid the highest for me. It ends today. All I had were my fists. I doubt they would hold up against two big ass Council members, but I had to try.