Chapter 15: Down Day (edited)

A/N

Hope you like it and please comment. There is still a lot more to come so I ask you all to bear with me.

****************************************************************************************

It's was now Saturday morning. The only person I have had contact with is a staff member who have come to my room to do my laundry. She doesn't speak and I cannot compare her to any of my friends. I feel so alone.

I couldn't sleep at all last night because I feared this morning. Right about now, Angela is being auctioned off. I will probably never see her again. Jillian is dead; I know I will never see her again. No one will ever see her again. A knot formed in my throat after a groan escaped.

Her family will never know what happened to her. They will think that she was auctioned off and they will pray that she will be safe, but they will never know that their daughter will never take another breath. She will never grow old like they may have hoped. She will never have children. They will never know that she woke up in the morning to nightmares and died in my arms trying to escape. It will be like she never existed.

*Monday morning...*

Knock knock

I looked up and watched the door. I didn't feel like opening it but a part of me thought maybe it was Angela coming to say goodbye. I scrambled to my feet and opened the door. It wasn't Angela who was at my door, but Sammy looking very disheveled. Her hair was a mess all over her head. Her lips were chapped and her eyes were red and watery.

"Mason?" Sammy wrapped me in a hug. Her face was streaked tears as she cried into my shoulder. "I thought-I thought you were dead!"

I knew exactly how she felt. There was nothing I could say to her. I let everyone down. Jillian is dead, Angela is being sold and we're stuck here until one or both happen to us. "Come on," I took her hand and led her back into the room. She plopped down on my bed and dragged my pillow to her chest.

"Are you going to class?" I sat down next to her.

"No," she replied.

"Angela's being sold today," I said. "The auctions must go on," I chuckled dryly.

"What?!" she wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"Sammy, we're going to be sold. Were probably already bought," I ran my hand through my hair.

"So there's just the two of us? What are we supposed to do now?" she croaked.

"I don't know."

*

*

I left Sammy in my room while I went to my classes. I don't know why I decided to go to class. Did this mean that I was submissive? Am I now their puppet? Questions rattled in my head as I walked to dance class. The only thing I looked forward to was seeing Noah.

I wondered if he knew that I tried to escape. Would he hate me now? Would he despise me as much as I despised myself? I doubt it.

I walked into the dance room and stood in the corner. I stared blankly at the mirrors. I was looking at myself and hating every part of me.

I leaned my head against the mirror and let out an exasperated sigh.

"So where's your little pet?" a familiar voice asked. I turned to find Connor way to close for comfort. I walked pass him, but just as I was about to leave the room, he yanked me back in by the collar of my dress. It was so sudden and fast that it choked me.