Chapter 34: The Dinner...Part 2

“N-Noah,” I swallowed. I have to be dreaming. I have to be. This can't be happening. I closed my eyes and chanted, “you're not really here, you're not really here.”

“No, I'm really here,” he said. I opened my eyes he he was smiling at me. “Mason you look amazing. I...”

“Mason, it time for dinner,” Myles walked up to me. “Noah,” he hi-five Noah.

“Hey Myles,” Noah said to Myles, but continued looking at me. I hate this. How could he look at me like that. I haven't seen him in weeks and he still looks at me like that. He can't do this to me. I saw never suppose to see him again. I was coming into terms with that.

“Noah, I told you to wait for your mother and I,” I heard a familiar voice shout. I looked pass Noah and I saw Arthur. The Council member Arthur. I knew some of them would be showing up, but I just wasn't ready for this.

“Ah, Mason Faye, nice to see you,” Arthur nodded. “I trust that your fitting in quiet nicely with Myles as your mate.”

“What?” Noah jerked his head to his father. “Myles is her mate?” I hate the look on his face. He looked defeated. I was hoping he would look at me again, but he just had a

“Yup, I nagged this little lady,” Myles wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my forehead. I just stood there paralyzed. It felt like a hug scandal has been exposed and I'm the center of it. “She's so beautiful.”

“I can see,” Noah frown and walked pass me. Well he was mad. I've only seen him this pissed when Keegan belittled him at the academy.

I sighed then walked to the dinning room with Myles. It looked a lot fuller with these people. There where four other people: two teen and a husband and wife. I don't remember them coming in.”

Myles greeting them while I stood in the corner and waited to be introduced. It never came. I wanted to avoid sitting anywhere near Noah, but it was inevitable. Myles had already pulled the chair out for me.

“Mason this is Council Member Longwood and his wife Kira,” Myles said as he took is seat next to me. Just my luck, I was sandwich between Noah and Myles. At least I'm not next to Keegan.“This is Annabelle and Rowan,” they were both fairy attractive. Rowan had a square shaped jaw, light blue eyes and a strange sort of arrogance about him. He was even bold enough to put his feet on the table before Mrs. Longwood scolded him.

The girl on the other hand, was bubbly. She kept smile and it was creeping me out. Once her eyes laid on Myles she didn't take them off of him. In fact, she started twirling her hair and smirking at him. Myles didn't even look up at her.

“Everyone this is my mate Mason Faye,” Myles announced out of nowhere. “She is a wonderful mate so far. I hope that we have a long and full future together.” He held my hand under the table and gave it a light squeeze. I gave him a lazy smile.

“So Annabelle, where's your mate?” I asked.

“I don't have one. Those are only for poor people. One day I'm going to get married to someone with power.

“What?” I I stared at her. “What do you mean it's only for poor people?”

“Everyone know they do those dreadful auctions to give the less fortunate a good shelter. It teaches them to have at least some class.”

“Excuse me. I was in one of those auctions,” I put down my fork. “I was not poor or less fortunate.”

“Our view of wealth are a little different Mason. You'll have to excuse my daughter,” Council Longwood defended Annabelle.