Chapter 43: The Trial part 2

“W-what?” I just stared at him dumbfounded. I would argue, but he was right—at least half right.

“You're sleeping with Noah. Don't even try to lie about it. God Mason,” he clutches his head in frustration, “you don't even know him.”

“But I'm not sleeping with him!”

“I smell him on you. I use to think that his scent lingered like that, but deep down I knew. I knew that you two were sneaking around.”

“Please let me explain,” more tears flowed down my face. “It's not what you think.”

“Shut up!” he shouted, “for months I've tried to be nothing but the perfect mate for you. I tried to understand you but ever since you got here, you made it a mission to hate me. I was foolish,” he turned around, “I actually thought you could love me.”

“No, I do, but please let me explain,” I begged.

“If you want to be with him, then go be with him, but stop acting like you actually give a damn about me,” he paused then started back up. “You should finish getting ready. The trial starts in two hours.” He opened the door and slammed it behind himself.

“Myles!” I screamed after him.

*

*

After another 30 minutes of crying, Henry came to my room to tell me that t was time to go. I honestly didn't know how I would react to being outside. It's been so long since I left this house plus being at the academy may have taken a toll on me. Not to mention that Myles hates me.

We walk down the stairs and met up with Myles in the hallway. He wouldn't even look at me. I felt horrible. I never meant for him to find out that way. I wanted to tell him that I do care about him, but I'm just not stable enough to be with anyone.

Once the sunlight hit my face, I felt a little more relaxed. It had been so long that I forgot how good it was. It made me want to run.

“The car is over there,” Myles said dryly.

The “car” was actually a limousine. It surprised me how much I've seen them since they are a rarity. Myles opened the door for me, but instead of holding it open, he got in and closed it behind himself. Henry got in on the other side and I was left without options: do I take Myles's side and endure an hour of him glaring at me or do I join Henry's side and just sit there while he feels me up.

I ended up sitting with the driver. There was too much tension in the back. I wondered if Myles was going to tell Henry and that me all for poor ole Mason. I didn't think he would do something like that, but people can change when faced with different challenges and stresses.

I didn't speak to anyone the entire drive there. I wanted to speak to Myles, to tell him that he did not have the whole story, but what's the use. He'll never forgive me. Even though Noah and I have never slept together, we've kissed. It cheating no matter what.

“Alright, we're here,” the driver smiled at me.

I smiled back and opened the door. I hesitated before climbing out and closing it shut. My heart was beating ten times its norm. Myles and I have our problems but Heir has even bigger ones.

The courthouse was a gargantuan white building. It looked just like the pictures from my old magazines. All three of us, Myles, Henry and me, climbed the stairs. By the time we got to the door, I was ready to pass out.

“Follow me,” Henry said in a deep throaty voice.

Myles and I followed him. Myles still refuse to look at me even though I was trying my best to get his attention. I can't lose him. Without him, I have no one in my corner. Noah isn't here. He's never there when the really bad stuff happens. Right now, I needed Myles.