Chapter 30: Wounded (edited)

Please comment and tell me what you think.

*******************************************************************************

I felt cold. Nothing but coldness. I felt stiff. I couldn't open my eyes. All I saw was darkness. I thought that I was dead but I could hear voices. I did't know who they belonged to, just that they are telling me something. Then I couldn't hear anything anymore. Everything went silent and I was finding it hard to stay awake so I fell asleep.

"Mason please wake up," I heard a familiar voice say my name. "You can't die on me."

"Stop, I want to sleep," I said to the voice. Actually I wasn't even sure if I said it or not. I couldn't feel my mouth forming the words.

"Wake up!" the voice ordered and my eyes strained to get open. It hurt to open my eyes; in fact, everything hurt. I couldn't remember why though. I couldn't remember much of anything.

I looked down and saw nothing but white. I was wrapped in so many bandages. I couldn't even see my skin. "Myles where am I? Why am I wrapped in this stuff?"

He didn't answer me so I knew it had to be something bad.

"Mason," Myles stood above me dripping blood. Instead of groaning in pain, he was smiling. Both of his eyes were black. His lips were purple, swollen, and discolored. There were even things that look like claw mark along one of his cheeks. He looked like he was attacked by a wild animal.

"Myles?" I croaked. My throat felt dry and bruised. It hurt to speak. "What happened to you?" I asked while trying to keep my eyes open. I was so sleepy.

"Nothing. I just fell," blood dropped from the side of his face and on my lip. I could taste his blood. "H-how are you doing. Are you feeling okay?"

"Not really. It's hard to speak. I feel pain everywhere. I don't know why. What happened to me?"

"Well I can answer that question," Henry strolled through the room. "You two decided to defy me and run off. I told you not to go, but you were to stubborn to listen." He walked up to me, bent over and shook his head. "You should have never tried to leave."

Henry glance at Myles, but he turned away. I had a feeling that the bruises that Myles had were from him. I didn't understand what he meant about running away. Henry turned back to me and chuckled.

"Look at you. You're all broken and so... very weak. You're a lucky one Mason Faye. I haven't met anyone who's survive being electrocuted with that amount of voltage. The doctors said that if Myles hadn't of brought you back when he did, you would have been dead."

"What are you talking about?" I said and immediately regretted it. My throat felt like it was on fire. I couldn't move.

"Oh, you don't remember?" Henry chuckled again. "You and Myles tried to escape. Which was stupid, by the way. Why would you try to run away from home? You have everything you need need. Both of you have shelter, food and water, and family. What more could you ask for?"

It sickened me how he smiled when he said family. He knew as well as I did that we were not family. I did not remember us leaving. I can't remember anything past running out of Henry's office.

"See, dear," he pressed down on my arm and pain coursed though my entire arm.

"Ahhhhhh!" I cried. "Stop!"

"See we bandaged you all up. Why would you ever want to leave? I don't understand." He pressed down harder on my arm. I cried out in pain. I screamed through clenched teeth. Tears involuntarily poured out of my eyes. He kept holding on even when I started shaking. The pain was now shooting through my body intensely. " I couldn't bear the thought of loosing you two. You wouldn't dare try to leave again right?"

I shook my head fiercely. I would have said anything to stop him from pressing into me any longer.

"That's enough!" Myles shouted. "Can't you see she's in pain?!"

"Shut up boy!" Henry growl. "I've had just about enough of you. You're lucky; I let you off easy. She won't be so lucky. I will not let this kind of disrespect happen again, not from this...girl. It is either you or her."

"Then choose me," Myles said.

Henry squeezed deeper and I shook even more. "Stop!" I sobbed. "Please stop. I won't leave again I promise."

"Oh really. I don't believe you," Henry raised his hand and back handed me. "I don't like liars, girl." I tasted blood again. This time it was my own. I could feel my lip swelling.

"Enough of this father!" Myles grabbed his hand. Henry picked him up like he was a feather and threw him against the wall. There was a sickening crack sound before he hit the floor.

"Myles!" I shouted, making the burning sensation in my throat intensify. "Myles?!" I couldn't sit up to see if he was okay. He wasn't getting up and making any sounds.

Henry released my arm and turned. He looked down at Myles and drew his leg back before thrusting it forward. I could hear Myles groaned in pain. "I will let you two be for now. I'll give you time to catch up, it has been four days after all," he turned and smirked. "Oh, and in two days we will be having a dinner party. Try to dress appropriately."

***************************************************************************************

Who do you you think will be at the dinner?