Chapter 45: Free in Death

"Wait, before you say anything, we cannot try again until the trial is over."

"No, I can't wait that long," I said.

"My father has this whole house on surveillance. If I could, I would have told the driver to take us somewhere else but he works for my father. No one will ever betray him. No one."

"Then we're going to hop that fence again."

"No," Myles shook his head fiercely, "hell no!"

"Why not?"

He didn't answer me. He just looked at me with sadness in his eyes. It was like he was disappointed in me. I couldn't let him persuade me out of it. I had to do this. I want this more than anything. I want to see my parents again.

"We can't Mason. I can't risk losing you again. I could hardly bare it the first time. Please just wait for the right time. Please!" he begged.

I ignored is comment and said, "Tomorrow. We're going to leave tomorrow. I'm willing to risk the fence again."

"Only because you don't remember it, but I had to watch you Mason. I watched as your body contorted and your screaming was so awful. You were in so much pain. Do you think that was easy for me? Once you hit the ground, I thought I had lost you. I can't do that again."

"Then turn off the electricity," I said frustratingly.

"I don't have the code to do that. My father would never give it to me or anyone else for that matter."

"Then we need to destroy it.

"There is no way to destroy it." Myles said. "I've tried."

"There is always a way," I said with conviction.

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"Why do you always have to fight me on everything?" I retorted.

He sighed, "fine."

"You have to find a way to shut down the surveillance system and the power," I said.

"Oh, is that all," Myles said sarcastically. "Just let me go type in a code that I don't have and then we'll be on our way."

"Don't be a jerk. You can find a way, I know you can."

Myles rolled his eyes signifying that he was giving in. "Wait here. I have to go get somethings before we go."

I nodded then went through my pile of clothes that Myles bought me. There was only one pair of jeans out of the whole pile. I took a quick wash up, slipped on the red jeans then pulled on a black long sleeved shirt. I still had nothing on my feet.

"Myles!" I shouted. "I don't have any shoes!"

"I'll bring you some boots!" he shouted.

Five minutes later he came back with a pair of black boots. I could already see that they were too big, but who was complaining. "Thanks ."I said as he handed the boots and a pair of thick black leather gloves to me. "What are the gloves for?" I asked.

"The fence. It's really sharp."

I nodded and slipped them into my back pocket. I pulled on the oversized boot then grabbed a brush and ran it through my hair.

"I'm going to see if I can shut down the system. Stay here until I get back, okay?" he said.

I nodded.

Of course I didn't just stay there like he wanted. I went down stairs into the dinning room. I need something for us to eat. I went through the dinning room through and came to a door that led to an extravagant kitchen. Since there was no time for me to admire it, I just ran through each cabinet. I picked up a few cans of food. I was about to head back up to the room, but I heard a noise in the pantry. A part of me was afraid that it was Henry hiding. I pushed that though aside and gently opened the door with my hands full of cans. "Talia"