Chapter 4: Planning our...escape? (edited)

Sorry if this part isn't very good. I don't know how I feel about this part, but I wanted to put something up. Please comment and tell me what you think.

PLAY SONG ON THE RIGHT>>>

As the morning sun shined on my face, I slipped into the shower. My wounds were healing, but muscles felt constricted. Everything felt so raw and brittle.  I needed a good shift. I hadn't been able to transform since I've been here. I stepped under the faucet of running water and moaned as hot water pounced against my swollen, blotchy skin.

I hated having to leave my shower, but I had to get dressed. I quickly dried off and walked back into the room.  I sat on the bed as I got dressed. I slipped on my bra and some clean underwear. Then I pulled on the hideous plaid green dress with the brown flats.

I was worried. I have gotten myself into a hole that I cannot climb out of. How the hell am I supposed to plan this? It was stupid of me to think that I could plan something like this. What was I thinking? I cannot lead the five of us to freedom. What in the world made me think that I could do this?

I blame it on the pain. It made me delusional.

I turned to look at Jillian. She was rustling, but at least not crying because some guy was on top of her. I looked up to check the clock; It was only 5:30a.m. I didn't really it was so early. It didn't matter. I couldn't go back to sleep even though my eyes were screaming for me to close them. Since I was up early, maybe I could think of some ideas and write them down.

I began thinking and…I got nothing. What if there was an alarm I could trigger and we could escape in all the haywire. No, that wouldn’t work. They’d let us die in a fire before letting us outside. Come on Mason, you can do this, I hit my head repeatedly hoping that something would arise. My words of encouragement were dulling. I felt like a failure. I felt like I was taking a test that I already failed.

“Mason?” Jillian sat up and rubbed her eyes. “What are you doing up? It’s like five in the morning,” she yawned while stretching.

“I’m trying to find a way to get us out of here,” I rubbed both my thighs with my palms. “I want us to get out but I don’t know if I could do it Jillian,” I said honestly. “I thought I could do this. I want so badly or us all to get out o here. But now I'm afraid that I could be leading us all to our deaths."

It surprised me a little at how open I was with Jillian. Sure she was my roommate, but we've only known each other for a few days. Everything seems to be going too fast. These girls will be the last people I see or talk to before this thing goes down. I think now I finally understand why when we first arrives those girl's--complete strangers--were holding hands.

“Look, I’m just as afraid as you are, but I’m willing to risk it if I could just see my mom and my baby brother one last time. I’m counting on you Mason. We’re all counting on you. I don’t have a doubt in my mind that you can get us out of here. I know it sounds weird but I trust you,” she whispered. "I know that your scare that you will make a mistake, but I'm scared that you won't even try."

“Please don’t!” I shook my head and she smiled. "Please don't have so much confidence in me. I don't know what to do."

Jillian sighed then said, "This is not a time for doubting yourself Mason. I am counting on you and I will be until the end," she said sternly. “Well I’m going to get dressed and then I will help you as best as I can, okay?” Jillian smirk then went into the bathroom.”

By the time Jillian had finished showering,  I had a pile of crumpled up paper on the floor. With each passing one, I lost hope. Some of my plans consisted of putting red fire ants in Keega'n's underwear. I just have no clue as to how that would help us escape.