Chapter 23: How to be (edited)

I woke up with a horrible headache. My vision had to adjust to where I was now. Which was...where was I? I looked around the unfamiliar room. What happened to me? I rubbed my temples trying to soothe the pain in my head. It wasn’t working. It felt like someone had hit me in the head with a blunt object.

Then I remembered. Flashes of what happened poured through my mind. I remembered some parts of the auction like standing on the podium and pushing that girl off. Then everything goes blank.

“Are you okay?” I heard an unfamiliar voice. “They told me that you fainted.”

I gripped the blankets that were placed over me up to my chin. He could have tried anything while I was out of it. I instinctively I rubbed my hands between my legs. No blood. It relieved me only a little.

I choke down the lump in my throat before I spoke, "Where am I?" I tried to say as menacingly as I could. It wasn't exactly easy when every thought in my mind was screaming at me to run away with my tail between my legs.

"Well, you're a fiery one," the man chuckled. "I will get you some clothes. The bathroom is right over there. After you re done getting ready, I want you to come to dinner. Heir will show you down. Make sure you wear something appropriate for dinner, you are not at the academy anymore. I will not have you looking like a harlot."

Who the hell did this guy think he was?

"Heir?" I asked.

"Yes, my servant," he replied. "He will be up shortly."

I nodded and he walked out of the room. I didn't know what to do. He looked threatening enough. A part of me--the rebellious me--wanted to tell him to go "fuck himself", but the other part of me just wanted to keep the trouble at a minimum.

I really don't know how he'll react to me. I'm not exactly like most girls my age. I can't just do what people tell me without out an explanation as to why. All I did know was that  I wasn't at the academy anymore and Noah couldn't protect me anymore.

After about ten minutes of sitting with my knees curled under my chin, a boy just a few years younger than me with long blond hair and gray eyes came into the room, "H-here are y-your clothes. Master H-Henry says to be ready in t-thirty minutes," he stuttered as he placed the clothes at the edge of the bed. 

As he bent down, I got a better look at his face and clothing. He was filthy. Dirt coated his light blue shirt and jean shorts. Just under his left eye I could see a dark circle from where I guess he was hit. I didn't want to keep staring at him, but something was preventing me from looking away.

Once he raise his head I quickly looked away and reached for the clothes. There was a blue skirt and a crisp white blouse. Underneath were  pair of white underwear and a black bra. I look at the size of the bra and a small part of me was shocked, it was the right size. There were no shoes so I figured he didn't mind me going barefoot. 

"Do you need anything ma'am?" Heir asked. I shook my head 'no' and he left closing the door behind him. I picked up the clothes and slipped in the bathroom.

I guess I really didn't notice how extravagant his home was until I saw the bathroom. It had a warm feeling about it. I know it's weird but it made me feel like I was back at home in my bathroom with my parents just down the hall. I looked at the room in awe. The bathtub looked expensive, like the ones I saw in old magazines. There was even a fireplace in here. The room smelled of vanilla. I inhale it repeatedly thinking about the revolting lavender scent from the academy.

I turned on the faucet and waited for the tub to get full. I looked down at the tub again and hesitated before taking off my sullied bra and underwear. After it was full, I tested the water by dipping my foot in. It was soothingly hot. I got in and sat. I lathered a washcloth that was placed to the side with soap. It smelled like cherries. Yup, this was nothing like at the academy.