Chapter 28: His Actions (edited)

Tears stung my eyes but I refused to let them fall. “Just leave me alone Myles.” I said before walking away.

“Wait. What's wrong? A few hours ago we were just talking and now you want me to leave you alone. I don't get it. Did I do something wrong?”

“No, I-I just need to be alone right now,” I walked off. I know it wasn't his fault that I was upset but he is a factor in all of this. He is the reason that I am here. It is his children that Henry wants me to bare.

“Mason,” Myles ran up to me and grabbed my shoulder. I abruptly turned around and had my hand ready to smack him but he caught it and brought me closer to him. “Why are you so mad at me?” he looked me in the eyes. “What could I have done when I haven't been here?”

“Nothing,” I struggled to get loose, “just leave me alone.”

“No,” he simply said.

“You really want to know what's wrong?” I yanked my hands away and glared at him. “Your—you didn't l-let me call my parents,” I lied. “Do you know how frustrating that is?” I clenched my fist and my nails started pinching my skin.

“Oh, you want to call your parents?” he asked.

I nodded yes.

“Okay then, come with me,” he said. He walked pass me and headed down the hallway. I followed thinking that this was too easy. Maybe it's just a away for him to get me alone. He did sleep in my bed without my permission. I crossed my arms while glaring at the back of his head.

One he turned a corner, I knew where I was. I was heading to his room. The same room where he tried to seduce me. The same room I hid in to get away from him and is father.

“Why are we going to you're room?” I asked skeptically. I slowed down waiting for an answer.

“Because it's where the phone is,” he turned and smirked. “Unless you've changed your mind?”

“Ha, no,” I walked pass him and opened his bedroom door.

“The phone is on my...bed,” he said.

“What bed?” I chuckled. “You mean that thing full of clothes,” I squinted and walked closer to it, “ and junk food wrappers?”

“Um...yeah,” he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “It's a little messy in here,” he said before he tripped on a shirt and tried to play it off but couldn't.

“Smooth,” I said sarcastically.

He smiled and I smiled back. I stopped right after. I didn't want him to think that this made us friends or anything. “I don't see a phone,” I patted through his messes and searched for the phone.

“Oh my bad, it's right here,” Myles took out the phone from his back pocket. It was a cellular phone—don't see those much now-a-days.

“Give it to me,” I walk up to him and he raised the phone in the air.

“You sure you want it?” he asked.

“Yes, I need need it,” I hopped trying to reach it.

“How bad do you want it?” he smirked. “Do you want it rough?”

“Yes—I want it...” I glared at him. “What the fuck do you mean 'do I want it rough?'”

“Nothing,” he chuckled and gave me the phone. I shot him the bird once he walked pass me and sat on his bed. “I wouldn't let my dad see you holding that. You know how he is.”

“Yeah, believe me, I know.”

Some parts of me started to calm now that the phone was ringing. My mouth felt dry but it wouldn't stop me from answering. I found myself shaking with anticipation when my mom answered the phone. “Hello, mom,” I swallowed and waited for a response.